Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Rman, I load for .45 colt and use LP 300 primer [about 20$ a thousand] Oregon trail laser cast 250 gr flat point round nose [ about 35 $ per 500 box at Sportsman warehouse]and blue dot [about 15$ pound]. I buy all that at Sportsman warehouse. Went down to Baker city, Ore. about 2 months ago to the Oregon Trail factory and bought a whole bunch at a good price as there was no shipping or any other mark up on it. Still had to pay a premium for the gas checks [310 wnfp] and 405 wnfp- about 15 $ per 50 count. The .45 colt cost about six dollars a box of 50 to reload. The 310 gr was for .444 Marlin and the 405 gr was for 45-70. I use the gas checks for a hotter load in my rifles. The hard cast laser cast is fairly hot at about 1000 fps. They guaranty them not to lead.

· Registered
1,230 Posts
Sportsman Warehouse here handles a variety of the laser cast in this store about 170 miles away from their factory, but if I want their gas checks [ thats their true shot brand ] I have to order it and the shipping kind hurts. Hope Cabelas or Sportsman carry what you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.