Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a chance to trade my 4" Security Six for a 7 1/2" Super Blackhawk straight across. They're both stainless and in the same condition. Is it a good deal or not?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Aside from "liking" the Super more and the value is MORE for the Super, it is up to YOU, either is good and fill a different 'niche' in the firearms gallery............win, win situation

Merry Christmas;)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Unless you are planning to do some hunting I would have a hard time giving up a 4"SS. I am big on 4" revolvers. Ah heck what do I know. That's a tough one. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I'd trade-the 7 1/2 would be a compact rifle-you have other combat-range handguns-you could take a deer easily with the 7 1/2-I think the value if you ever sold or traded would be higher on the 7 1/2 and more would buy it than would another 4" SS-though I like them...this is my view......by the way-the 7 1/2 is .357??

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

I'd trade-the 7 1/2 would be a compact rifle-you have other combat-range handguns-you could take a deer easily with the 7 1/2-I think the value if you ever sold or traded would be higher on the 7 1/2 and more would buy it than would another 4" SS-though I like them...this is my view......by the way-the 7 1/2 is .357??

Sorry, the SBH is a 44 Mag.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
That's a tough one Kevin. I've got both and would hate to part with either. The Security Six has some sentimental value because I carried it when I was a LEO. I think the SBH is probably worth more and every one I've ever owned has been super accurate. It would make you a might fine hunting gun.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Ah I misunderstood. A .44mag I would go for it 2400. Of corse I want a .44mag in the worst way. Make a good deer gun. Ah shoot there I go again blowing my mind. Your choice and good luck.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Think of the joy of single ragged holes at 50' with the .44 Specials-imagine the thrill of dropping a 10-pointer---the comfort of the .44 Mag if you bumped into a bear...I understand not parting with an old duty weapon like Rman says...but if there's no sentimental attraction to the SctySix-I'd trade fast...especially considering where you live-you get longer shots than some of us do......

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I had a stainless security six that I really liked being double action and smaller frame size. Had to sell it about 25 years ago and I wish I still had it. I have a Vaquero in .45 colt that will do for a walk in the woods so I myself would keep the .357. I guess it would depend on what other kind of handguns I owned before I made the choice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts