Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be another member of the Ruger family if I can get one ordered. All seem sold out on-line from what I found!

Models are:

- 1102 Sporter Walnut Stock/Blued 18.88" with Gold Bead $303
- 1149 Lipsey's Exclusive Birch Stock/Stainless Barrel 22.00" with Blade $275
- 1103 Standard Hardwood/Blued 18.50" with Gold Bead $239
- 11100 Take-Down Synthetic/Stainless Barrel 18.50" Gold Bead $380

For plinking, hunting or other need that should arise. I like Wood better but not picky. Any of these features make one more worthy than the other? Birch versus Walnut?

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
If money is no object, and you like wood, get the walnut sporter. The birch carbine is a bit cheaper, the parts that go bang are the same, so if you want to save money, that's the way to go.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Heck, if you got the money, just buy one of each, see which you really like best, and maybe sell the others and make a profit.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea can't afford them all. Only one I have been able to find in a store is the 1103 Standard Carbine. How about the sights or barrel lengths?

·
Registered
350 Posts
When I couldn't find a 10/22 Takedown readily available I bought the standard wood/blued carbine. It's a lot of fun, but I find myself still wanting a Takedown. Its stainless & synthetic construction, plus ease of storage in a truck, etc., have a lot of appeal for me. If you're looking for one w/ a nice wood stock, pay the extra few bucks & pick up the Sporter. I don't know how much of a difference the extra 0.38" of barrel length makes, but the walnut is beautiful, & sling swivel studs are built in.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How about that 1149 with the longer barrel, different front sight and Birch wood?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I prefer wood and walnut is the best. My vote is the sporter model if you can find one. I do have the standard carbine myself and wanted the sporter but couldn't fine one. If the standard is all you can find go with it.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
How about that 1149 with the longer barrel, different front sight and Birch wood?
I have one. It's not a different front sight, at least not on mine. Mine has the same front sight as my birch carbine. If you can find one, they're pretty nice. Well balanced, and longer sight radius, which is good if you are not using a scope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts