Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Okay, this post has officially been cleared for take-off after an initial misunderstanding.

Experience has taught not to buy a "new" type of firearm or a "new" version of a firearm until it has been manufactured for at least a year and (hopefully) given the manufacturer some time to work the bugs out.

I'm thinking of breaking the rule. I really like takedowns (I've got a Browning SA22, a Marlin Golden 39A and one of the elusive Marlin 70PSS I was offered $350 for recently) and am thinking of getting a 10/22 TD.

Anyway, I've read a few posts here from disappointed buyers of the 10/22 TD. While these folks appear to be vastly outnumbered by satisfied owners, I still thought it would be prudent to ask the following question.

What should prospective buyers of the 10/22 TD looking for in terms of proper fit and finsih and so forth when inspecting one of these rifles before purchase?

I'll be sure to inspect the rifle closely before accepting it, but I could use some tips on what to look out for. Pictures would be great.

Thanks.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Just get the carbine Non-takedown version and have fun! Here's mine!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just read up on it in the forum(s). For example I wanted the new Kel Tec PMR-30 and they were having a lot of teething problems. Most were ironed out when I got mine except take down pins were breaking. Users said KT had a new pin out to them in less than a week. Mine broke and I called them Monday and got the pin Friday. I've never had a problem with my Rugers but I hear their CS is excelent. If I was in the market for a TD, I'd buy one with confidence.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts