Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, bought this ruger 10/22 stock a few years back: [forum wont let me post link bc of my post count]; however if you google "Ruger 10/22 Tactical 22LR with ATI AR-22 Stock" its the first image that pops up.
and I need a new flash hider. Can anyone tell me what flash hider that stock uses and where I can buy one? Looks like an A2 however, not sure. Thanks! And yes I know I don't technically need one, however I want it to be complete.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup thats the exact stock I was talking about. What flash hider is it? I am paranoid and just want the exact one that the stock has. Thanks!

·
Registered
220 Posts
you can buy a replacement at shopruger... it'll cost you 20 Simoleans though - not sure it's worth it as you can get niftier ones for much less:

Parts-ShopRuger

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh damn, didn't know they were that expensive. Sorry to be that guy but what one do you recommend other than the one on ruger's website. I need to put something on it or else it just has an open threaded barrel...

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Ruger Tactical 10/22 Barrel Thread Protector Cap .
$10.80 + shipping from Midway ...for that price I would just splurge a little and get the 20 dollar flash hider. If the extra $10.00 is going to break the bank...
Start a Go Fund Me site , I'm sure a few of us could chip in to help you !
Gary

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
oh damn, didn't know they were that expensive. Sorry to be that guy but what one do you recommend other than the one on ruger's website. I need to put something on it or else it just has an open threaded barrel...
That isn't at all expensive for a decent flash hider and it is the exact one Ruger supplies on the 10/22 Tactical. I have a standard stock 10/22 Tactical and that's the flash hider that came with it.

5.56 NATO/.223 Rem. Flash Suppressor 1/2"-28 Short - Blued-ShopRuger

A thread protector will cost a large fraction of that amount so you might as well get the right one.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
which washer is that? sorry I am a rookie at this
They are called "crush washers" and go between the flash hider and the barrel muzzle. You torque the flash hider against the washer firmly to keep it from unthreading.

For a muzzle brake the crush washer lets you "time" the brake, i.e. rotate it until the vents are aimed properly. For a flash hider timing it isn't needed so you just snug it down firmly.

Crush washers are cheap and any gun shop should have them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts