Ruger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 10/22 with the factory wood stock. I'd like to buy an aftermarket stock, like the one shown below, to simulate my AR15 California-compliant pistol grip (angled the same way as the attached photo) when I go to the range. Is getting that sort of grip going to help?

Also, anyone have experience with the Advanced Tactical brand in particular, or any other brand, eg ATI, Hogue, etc?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
My favorite state-compliant grips have beavertails, which I believe are incompatible with some of the better 10/22 chassis systems. If you place one of these state-compliant grips on an AR-7, then I think you'll be 1" - 3" short of the required overall length of 26" so you'll have to decide on a method of extending the length, such as pinning a linear comp to the barrel, or something else :

The above offers a sling mounting attachment option, but still leaves your AR-7 short of the 26" overall length

You would hold one of these state-compliant grips like the way you would hold a rifle handle. The potential benefit I see is maybe having a better angle for mounting a wrist strap, for stockless use of a large-caliber weapon. The wrist strap allows you to aim a birdshead-gripped weapon, like a Mossberg Shockwave, allows you to aim it like a rifle without getting punched in the face :

1 - 4 of 4 Posts