Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They just got the entire Disney library! Yay!
Ok, I copied that from my daughter's post.

A recent and instant favorite was The Ranch with Sam Elliott (thanks, gunjunkie!). The Netflix-only series has 10 episodes for it's first season and I was done watching it in less than a week.

So, I had to get another show to replace it and what a pleasant surprise to discover Last Man Standing with Tim Allen (thanks to another forum member who mentioned this show before). After watching three episodes, I couldn't help notice that The Ranch was pretty much a PG-13 version of LMS.

I like both shows and while I'm not sure about the writers' intentions, the Tim Allen and Sam Elliott characters are a throwback to the time when men know their gender when they wake up in the morning.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
The Ranch with Sam Elliott was an instant favorite here too. I hope they don't take too long getting the next season out.

Out here in the Boondocks, Netflix is the next best thing to cable.

·
Registered
129 Posts
As another Netflix fan, with gun themes in mind, I strongly recommend "Bosch" for modern day crime story junkies (two seasons running now), GREAT writing and cast with gritty and realistic Los Angeles street settings. Stars Titus Welliver (the "Smoke Monster" from the "Lost" TV series).

And for modern-day Western law story fans, see "Longmire". VERY well done series mixing white guy Sheriff and Tribal law officers solving murders in the modern West. This series was on the AMC channel for four years with high ratings,then was canceled "because it appealed to an older audience" of all the idiotic reasons. Netflix bought the franchise and is continuing production with two seasons of new episodes now running.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Yep, Longmire. Found that on Kodi. Loved it.

And Warehouse 13. Dunno if thats on Netfliz though.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad that Netflix made the right decision to pick up Longmire after it was canceled by A&E.
How I wish Netflix did the same with the old CBS series Jericho.

I don't think Warehouse 13 is on Netflix. Could be on amazon prime or Hulu.
Recently finished airing on AMC is the six-part John LeCarre` thriller The Night Manager. If you only have Netflix, watch it now on amc.com because that's your last chance--amazon prime bought it.

A friend recommended Bloodline to me just last weekend so I'm going to check it out.

Here's an advanced recommendation for winter viewing: Death In Paradise, a British show set in the Carribean.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
We watched the first two episodes of Bloodline this weekend and so far we really like it.

We will be glad when September gets here and the next season of Longmire arrives.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
I wish Netflix would put Gunsmoke, Rawhide and Wagon Train back on. They had them till a few years ago.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Glad that Netflix made the right decision to pick up Longmire after it was canceled by A&E.
How I wish Netflix did the same with the old CBS series Jericho.

I don't think Warehouse 13 is on Netflix. Could be on amazon prime or Hulu.
Recently finished airing on AMC is the six-part John LeCarre` thriller The Night Manager. If you only have Netflix, watch it now on amc.com because that's your last chance--amazon prime bought it.

A friend recommended Bloodline to me just last weekend so I'm going to check it out.

Here's an advanced recommendation for winter viewing: Death In Paradise, a British show set in the Carribean.
I was a big fan of "Jericho" too. It has been dead too long to resume the way that "Longmire" was rescued, but I would watch the old episodes again if Netflix brought them into their library.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was a big fan of "Jericho" too. It has been dead too long to resume the way that "Longmire" was rescued, but I would watch the old episodes again if Netflix brought them into their library.
Jericho is still there. I just watched the pilot episode again just last month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts