Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two Navy Chiefs had a custom of going elk hunting each year up in Canada near a volcanic lake, accessible only by seaplane. They would hire a seaplane to take them and their gear up to the lake, and then arrange for it to return in five days to take them and their game back.

This year they were taken to the lake as usual, and the hunting was excellent and they both bagged their limit of three elk each. When the plane came to pick them up for the return, the pilot surveyed he gear, the elk, and the passengers, and then did some calculations. He informed them that the plane would never get off the water with that load, and that they could each only bring back two elk.

Since Navy Chiefs are not known for accepting anyone else's word, one Chief told the pilot, "Look, this is exactly the same model plane as we had last year, the gear is the same, and we each had three elk last year, so I know the plane will get up off the water."

The pilot just shrugged his shoulders, and said, "Ok, if you say so."

So the plane was loaded with all of the gear, the two chiefs, and the six elk. The pilot taxied to one end of the lake, gave it full throttle, and was just barely able to get the plane airborne. However, he wasn't able to get the plane up enough to clear the hills around the lake, and they crashed.

When the smoke and dust had settled, the Chiefs extracted themselves from the airplane, and climbed on top of a large rock to look around. "Where are we?" asked the first Chief.

The second Chief replied, "From what I can see, we are a good hundred yards past where we crashed last year!"

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
oh no.... Polish Navy i assume.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Stole that sent it to my brother in law, retired Navy Chief who was a P3 flight engineer. He did not see the humor in it.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Friends son told me this story of what his CPO said to a new recruit:

CPO: "Son, you look like you need to go to sick bay".
Recruit: "Sir, why, sir?"
CPO: "You look like an erection that has lasted more than 4 hours. My estimate is you were born that way".

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
:D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts