Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just can't seem to stop changing stuff, making it better for my personal taste.

It started out as a plain Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite but I've added, moved stuff around, changed out sights, compensators, bolt, triggers and internals more than once.

After all that it groups real well with CCI Blazers better than any of the other ammo that I consider inexpensive. It also outshoots CCI Mini Mags.

Current setup: Carolina Crusher Compensator:
Volquartsen Accurizing Kit
Volquartsen Bolt
Striplin Thumb Rest and Safety from Tandemkross
Tandemkross Victory Trigger
Precision Orthopedic Grips
C-More Railway Sight with 12 Minute Dot
Allchin Mount

The stand is from HPTactical.com.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Your wallet is the only limiting factor on what you want to do to your Ruger. Plenty of aftermarket vendors out their to feed your addiction.

Nice looking gun. What distance were you shooting at?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Does the compensator have a noticeable effect? I have one on my 16" 10/22 but it's effect on muzzle rise is negligible. Mostly I have it to make the muzzle report louder so the shot timer (Steel Challenge) picks up all the shots. However, a rifle is different and the pistol may benefit.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GP Fan, just like what you are finding out, it's more for the report for the timer than any compensation. Our club has switched to different timers that pick up the lower volume reports but I would rather be safe that sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts