Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been a fan of NASCAR racing probably never will be BUT the support that group of men and women showed Bubba Wallace yesterday was beyond spectacular. I tip my hat to those folks for showing that vile racist acts won't be tolerated.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'm sorry, but I've seen so many so-called "hate crimes" that were actually orchestrated by the supposed victims, in order to give too much credibility to this incident. Barring actual evidence, I'm not jumping on any bandwagon of support for one or the other.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
If this incident was staged it will come out sooner or later, it always does. I don’t need anymore facts to decide if it’s a hate crime or not. I don’t care if the person is black, white, red, green or burgundy.......it’s wrong and they should be held accountable.

·
Super Moderator
4,049 Posts
I started to respond to this but changed my mind. This is a public social media platform and I don't want any comments I make on a public forum to be used against me in any way. The company I work for has made loud public proclamations supporting BLM and has introduced an internal initiative to indoctrinate the minions. I think I'll wait a couple more years until I retire before I subject myself to possible recriminations from my employer. The fact no one here knows who my employer is is beside the point. We've all seen how folks that don't agree with company political policy have had their livelihoods ruined. If it were just me I might say "to hell with it" and post anyway. Unfortunately, I'm not the only person relying on my employment for their safety, comfort and wellbeing. I don't have the right to endanger them just because I want to dive on my sword. Let's just say I don't agree with Mr. Wallace, Nascar or the noose and leave it at that.

·
Super Moderator
4,049 Posts
Mark I'm going to disagree with you about it being a hate crime. It's offensive but that doesn't make it a crime, hate or otherwise. It may be trespassing but I don't see any other criminal act. It could possibly be construed as a threat but that's a big reach IMO. To be clear, I don't condone it or agree with it in any way but it's not a crime. Socially and morally unacceptable, yes. Crime, no. In that regard if they find out who did it Nascar has the absolute right to fire/ban them forever but I don't see how they could be charged with a criminal offense.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Mark I'm going to disagree with you about it being a hate crime. It's offensive but that doesn't make it a crime, hate or otherwise. It may be trespassing but I don't see any other criminal act. It could possibly be construed as a threat but that's a big reach IMO. To be clear, I don't condone it or agree with it in any way but it's not a crime. Socially and morally unacceptable, yes. Crime, no. In that regard if they find out who did it Nascar has the absolute right to fire/ban them forever but I don't see how they could be charged with a criminal offense.
Seconded. So very much seconded.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Mark I'm going to disagree with you about it being a hate crime.
Ok Bonk, maybe I used the wrong verbiage........Those were "my" words and how I feel about it personally. As of now though the DOJ and FBI are looking into it to see if any federal laws were broken. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they find or don't find. Truthfully I could care less about NASCAR.:)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
My understanding is those garages are only accessible to drivers and crews of that particular car within and NASCA officials. Also, given the value of the cars (and the outside chance for tampering from another crew) I believe they are monitored by video cameras. Has anybody seen a picture of said "noose"? If true it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who did it. I'm smelling a "Smollett" here.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this post was not a veiled attempt to support or condemn any movement what so ever ... it was merely acknowledgement of the support ones co-workers show to their fellow co-workers ... but needless to say the commentary here has opened my eyes ...

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
it was merely acknowledgement of the support ones co-workers show to their fellow co-workers
Based on what I saw it would appear that Bubba Wallace is highly respected by his peers as well as the NASCAR fans.

·
Registered
48 Posts
One thing you have to remember about BLB. It’s founders are in their own words “highly trained devoted MARXISTS. Google it on youtube and you’ll see it from one of the cofounders ownmodest lips. That about says it all right there .
All these outraged black people and their numerous white counterparts are what Stalin referred to as “useful Idiots. This is nothing different than the60s SDS anti war movement. Previously Mao ( remember him) and The Cultural Revolution did a splendid job of causing mass starvation . That started with the infamous Little Red Book . A generation earlier some dude sewed the seeds of a world war selling lies and pumping Mein Kamph along with massive propaganda . Before him Vladimir Lennin taking advantage of tough times to start his revolution.
Notice how they all do pretty much the same things. Why is it such a surprise these people aren’t genuine. Here’s another fun ( omitted ) fact. Last week one of the most liberal rags out there , Washington Post cited the FBI police shooting statistics. Guess what , Whitey gets drilled more often by 3 to 1 by police . So why is it they get away with their rioting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
21,209 Posts
There has to be something on one or more of the multitude of cameras that are no doubt in the area. Maybe law enforcement has the video and are trying to identify who. I thought there were no fans allowed so it should be easy enough. On the other hand I can't see a driver taking the risk of falsifying the story. If it came out he did he would lose it all. It could be a lot of things like a liberal trying to pull a Smollett or a very stupid red neck racist or even some kid that snuck in trying to be funny. I don't think we can assume anything.

This is a hate crime in my book:

·
Registered
293 Posts
There has to be something on one or more of the multitude of cameras that are no doubt in the area. Maybe law enforcement has the video and are trying to identify who. I thought there were no fans allowed so it should be easy enough. On the other hand I can't see a driver taking the risk of falsifying the story. If it came out he did he would lose it all. It could be a lot of things like a liberal trying to pull a Smollett or a very stupid red neck racist or even some kid that snuck in trying to be funny. I don't think we can assume anything.

This is a hate crime in my book:

The video is certainly a hate crime. This other incident, we don't know yet. But we've seen enough fake hate crimes perpetrated by the supposed victims to be wary of anything.

Why would the driver, Bubba Wallace, take the risk if he's truly responsible for it? I'm not saying he did, but if he did, why would he? Ask Nikki Joly, the transgender activist who burnt down his own home and killed his pets that were trapped inside. Why did he do that? Because there was no bigotry or prejudice in the area to be campaigning against, because the local pride parade hadn't provoked the sort of opposition he'd been hoping for.

If Bubba Wallace is at fault, may he burn for what he did. But if he didn't do anything, the wisest thing to do would be get out of NASCAR entirely if that's the sort of attitude his coworkers have towards him. You can't detoxify a toxic working environment, you can only escape from it.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,293 Posts
FBI found no basis to charge anyone with a crime.

#FakeNoose

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Anyone else think things might be out of hand when they hold a publicized parade over a garage door rope?
Maybe all these years of playing "cars" and inhaling exhaust???

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.