Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,287 Posts
Anyone else think things might be out of hand when they hold a publicized parade over a garage door rope?
Maybe all these years of playing "cars" and inhaling exhaust???
Maybe, maybe not.
What’s clear though is, if one’s an easily triggered individual or one with an agenda—or both, if they REALLY LOOK hard at anything, they’ll find something offensive or racist about it. 🤦🏽‍♂️

·
Registered
249 Posts
News reported FBI determined the rope was old and had been there a while. I think Bubba drew for his pit location recently, so this appears to be a false alarm. I am sure the MSM will be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
More info for you...

·
Super Moderator
21,186 Posts
The real answer can be determined by answering the question what kind of knot was it. If it was a knot that doesn't slip like a bowline or surgeons loop then it was meant to be a door pull. Another question is didn't they have garage door openers?

·
Registered
278 Posts
The real answer can be determined by answering the question what kind of knot was it. If it was a knot that doesn't slip like a bowline or surgeons loop then it was meant to be a door pull. Another question is didn't they have garage door openers?
In this day and age, any rope with a loop in it is considered a noose, whether it is or not. We'll soon be approaching a point in time where you can't even show a black person a rope without it being considered a threat because a rope can easily be turned into a noose.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Nooses have been tied for many uses besides hanging since there has been rope. Is there a better/other knot to use for a door pull? Probably but, so what? Everyone in my Boy Scout troop knew how to tie one back over a half century ago. Nearly 30 years ago there was a paper bat hanging over one of the bunks in one of our firehouses, put there as a practical joke no one gave much thought to taking it down and it had been there months if not years. The first female firefighter hired happened to grab that bunk (you took your pick of the unused ones when you moved into a station, nothing was assigned), several weeks later she noticed it and suddenly we all needed 'sensitivity training'. If anyone WANTS to be a 'victim' they can always find something to be offended about.

Bruce

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,287 Posts
Don’t make the mistake of putting white sheets in Bubba’s bedroom 🙄

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
To me, it is not a "noose", unless there is something hanging in it. If there had been a figure in the loop, that would be offensive to anyone. As long as we keep saying such and such is offensive to said group of people, the problem will never get better.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I see this thread has gone off in a strange direction.........

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,531 Posts
No matter what the facts are. No matter what the truth is. The media has pushed this story non-stop. The narrative of this story has run its ground. Both sides can run what ever they think serves their needs.
Hate crime or not the damage has been done.

·
Registered
278 Posts
No matter what the facts are. No matter what the truth is. The media has pushed this story non-stop. The narrative of this story has run its ground. Both sides can run what ever they think serves their needs.
Hate crime or not the damage has been done.
All the more reason to do away with the notions of hate crimes entirely. Every false claim does nothing more than damage the legitimate claims by legitimate victims. Just make the punishment for violent crimes all the more serious.

·
Registered
278 Posts
To me, it is not a "noose", unless there is something hanging in it. If there had been a figure in the loop, that would be offensive to anyone. As long as we keep saying such and such is offensive to said group of people, the problem will never get better.
To me, it's not a "noose" unless there's someone hanging in it.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
There was never any doubt in my mind that this was going to turn out to be untrue. I was open to the notion that it was an honest mistake rather than a hoax, until Wallace went on Don Lemon's CNN show and doubled down. Then of course, his story changing from "I didn't see it" to "I saw it and it was a straight up noose."

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.