Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Have gun, will travel
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was browsing my LGS last month and noticed that he had acquired several used 10-22's in various states of disrepair from estate sales and the sheriff. Picked out the worst of the bunch and made an offer.
I have never had this much fun fixing old guns. Built a compact for the youngest grandson, restored an old model(walnut stock, metal butt plate and barrel band) built in 1975.
It truly amazes me how easy to work on this design is. Most of them just needed a thorough cleaning. Some were 20 years + and I know they had never been field stripped and cleaned, ever. Still got two more to go.:)

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Sounds like you may just have given me an idea for a new "hobby". Glad you are enjoying it so much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Big Paladin fan! I have a friend coming over with an old 10/22, never been cleaned.
cant wait to enlighten him and do some mods.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,545 Posts
Lucky grandkids.
I had the same kind of fun with a Mosin. Like WS said, you just gave me an idea.

·
Have gun, will travel
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
post script to original post

I finally finished all four 10-22's. Being my first attempt at anything like this, I'm very pleased. Here's some pics of them!

I'm currently cruising lg's for old beaters at bargain prices.

Attachments

·
Registered
917 Posts
Was browsing my LGS last month and noticed that he had acquired several used 10-22's in various states of disrepair from estate sales and the sheriff. Picked out the worst of the bunch and made an offer.
I have never had this much fun fixing old guns. Built a compact for the youngest grandson, restored an old model(walnut stock, metal butt plate and barrel band) built in 1975.
It truly amazes me how easy to work on this design is. Most of them just needed a thorough cleaning. Some were 20 years + and I know they had never been field stripped and cleaned, ever. Still got two more to go.:)
You said you shot the dealer an offer, like a really good offer? Just curious how much you had to invest in the "cash for clunker" plan. :confused:

·
Registered
917 Posts
I finally finished all four 10-22's. Being my first attempt at anything like this, I'm very pleased. Here's some pics of them!

I'm currently cruising lg's for old beaters at bargain prices.
They look great! ;)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
8 Posts
you did a great job..............just picked up 2 10-s myself...they were covered in mold.....soaked them in kerosene and now doing the trigger group now ....Im thinking they will be looking good everything seems to work .....you are right it is addicting

1 - 18 of 18 Posts