Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Nice, enjoy let us know how t should shoots.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Nice!. What's that long, curvy thing under the rifle?

In Kalifornia, that would be "like a unicorn: we have heard about, but never actually seen one." (BX-25 that is...)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice!. What's that long, curvy thing under the rifle?

In Kalifornia, that would be "like a unicorn: we have heard about, but never actually seen one." (BX-25 that is...)
I feel for you, my Friend! Have a couple BX-25 mags and two Trimags with three BX-1 mags attached to each. You are allowed to use the Trimag device, right?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I paid $250 OTD.
That was almost one year ago. I'm about to purchase a 10/22 Compact (synthetic stock with these fiber optic sights), but the best price I can get in my area (central Maine) from my main local dealer who will not be undersold by any one else is $280 plus tax. Actually his first quote was $295, but I said, "Common, you can do a bit better, right?", and he did. (It's a tremendous shop run by a down-home family -- father and two sons -- who bend over backwards to help locals in need.)

When he quoted me that, after choking a bit, I said, "But it's listed at $309 MSRP, same as the standard carbine with synthetic stock. So I expected your price for the Compact to be about the same as you quoted for the standard carbine: $270. What's the difference?"

He pleaded ignorance at first, then said, "I guess it's a supply and demand thing. Maybe the new Compact is more popular than originally expected."

And indeed, when I think of it, the (superior design IMO) synthetic stock with swivel studs and fiber optic sights -- yeah, I think it's worth a bit more. No complaints from me.

My purchase is actually about a week or two (or more) off -- pending an eBay sale of some electronic gear -- but I guess I'll find out soon enough if it's worth it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice! I really liked the stock on my American rimfire, and when i found out they offered them on these 10/22 compacts i knew i had to have one. after i swapped the back end with the longer version the rifle feels perfect.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice! I really liked the stock on my American rimfire, and when i found out they offered them on these 10/22 compacts i knew i had to have one. after i swapped the back end with the longer version the rifle feels perfect.
Not only on the American and 10-22 Compact. PSA is offering the "Man's Best Friend" model for $200. Tax and shipping made it $254 to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts