Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 10/22 RBD-FS. it's an AR-15 style rifle with folding rear stock. Has no sites, but comes with rear rail, 25 rd mag, and 3 short front stock rails. Very little info on this model online, anyone have one yet??

Any suggestions about what site options I should consider? Would like to have B/U iron sites and some kind of optic. What are most people putting on their 10/22's, red dot or holographic? Heard good things about Vortex Star Fire. Gun costs $336, don't need a site costing more than gun! What about old style telescopic? Have seen some complaints on the BX-25 mags, any other out there better? What about Ruger 10 rd mags? Does everybody clean their 10/22's before heading to range?

Any suggestions aout getting this thing ready to run would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Yep. Clean the 10/22 before heading to the range. Will solve possible ftf and fte. Grease can do that. In my experience, if you hand load the BX-25, no problems at all. When I used a speed loader, we had jamming. No speed loader, no problems. Sorry, cannot help with the rest. Enjoy your new gun.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
10/22 rbd-fs

Like this one?

With a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot and a Streamlight TLR-2 laser/light combo.
I prefer the 10 round mags as they fit flush with the stock. I set this one up for varmit control around the chicken house (rats and such).
I have since removed the "flash suppressor" from it and capped the threaded end. I have had no problems with the BX-25 mag, only use it when "playing" , though. I burn through a lot more ammo when it's installed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked one up on Saturday. Shot about 100 rounds through it on Sunday but still deciding on a scope. Bought an AIM 2.5-10x40 scope and laser sight today. Should have it by Friday so I'll have to go zero them in. Also bought a bipod for it. I forgot how much fun target shooting can be.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Like this one?

With a Bushnell TRS-25 red dot and a Streamlight TLR-2 laser/light combo.
I prefer the 10 round mags as they fit flush with the stock. I set this one up for varmit control around the chicken house (rats and such).
I have since removed the "flash suppressor" from it and capped the threaded end. I have had no problems with the BX-25 mag, only use it when "playing" , though. I burn through a lot more ammo when it's installed.
That is awesome I just ordered the same red dot today with the utg high rise and I have the same gun!!! By the way I researched a long time before I bought this sight. It was the best value I could find. I tested it against other sights at different stores and it was far better than anything even close to it's price range. The only sights I saw that seemed better were far more expensive. Some nice features are its small size very bight and defined dot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts