Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question for those out there tonight. I Have finally broke down and purchased my first firearm ever! The classic ruger 10/22 (all weathered). The question I have is that I am thinking of modyfying with the AA556R-NB Archangel kit from Promag the site for promag says that it is for the carbine. Does anyone know or has purchased the all weathered 10/22 and the above promag kit and was able to install it without any problems?

·
Registered
70 Posts
First off, Congradulations on your FIRST 10/22... (likely wont be your last..hehe) Funtionally, the only huge difference (in any way that matters with a stock like that) is the taper of the barrel.. The "carbine" has a tapered barrel. The Promag Archangel kit will fit the reciever without question, and the foregrip is basically a big wide open tube. I would think that there will be a barrel rest (a block of plastic or polymer ect) that the barrel will sit on, so if your barrel has no taper, you could free float the barrel by removing that block all togehter, or sand it to fit. I would expect your "Classic" ruger has the tapered barrel? (wider at the reciever end, skinnier at the front sight end)

·
Registered
422 Posts
We just picked up my wife's all-weather tonight, and I must say I'm a little disappointed in the rough casting around the edge of the ejection port. It wasn't hard to scrape off with a pocket knife. But still:confused:

It's a beautiful Stainless rifle, but I am definitely going to try and convince her to get the Archangel kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.