Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke down and got one, Im new to the 10/22 but have a 22mag and an old Stevens. Been itching to get one and with all the stuff going on I bought one. I lucked out and didnt pay any high prices so I was happy. Anything to look out for? One thing I see is the plastic trigger...how is that? Will they last long or upgrade one day down the road? Sad thing is I bought one and have only one mag, maybe I could get one down the road to, stick with Ruger or?
Big difference from my Stevens but have to keep that since that was my very first gun from dad and miss him to!!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum from mid-coast Maine. There are plenty of 10/22 owners here to keep you company Sadly, I'm not one of them (yet!).

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
The polymer is fine, likely last longer than you. Mags...factory ones will be best. The rest...just enjoy it safely! :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ruger factory mags are the best by leaps and bounds. Get more of the 10 round rotary mags, and keep an eye out for the BX-25 25 round mags they are great. I've never heard of any issues with the trigger as far as durability. In fact gunblast.com did a test on the 10/22 trigger housings the new polymer ones are MUCH stronger. Ruger 10/22 : America’s Favorite .22 Rifle

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from ND, we also just bought two 10/22 rifles and I'm already changing out parts.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good to hear from you

I'm new to 10/22 also. Never had an auto-loader before, but with so many things that can be done with the 10/22 I thought I'd try it out.

Stevens, eh? Me too. Was it 50 some years ago? I built a cross-bow and traded it to a buddy for his single-shot Stevens. Had bolt guns ever since.

One thing I did to my 10/22 is to clean up the trigger. There are a lot of guys on here who've done that in various ways. I did my own trigger, but there are a lot of other options if you have the money for it (which I don't).
If you're interested, check out some threads and/or ask some guys.

·
"AMMO PIMP"
789 Posts
Damn guys...where you finding these guns, tried a few places and nobody has the model
We're looking for.. Me and my son is looking for the one with no sights with a fs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The only thing i've experienced with mine is with cheap ammo, it will jam in the magazine. But this is expected from bulk anyway. I strongly recommend sticking with the factory ten round mags though, anything made besides ruger will jam every 3-4 shots. As far as the trigger, i've had no problems and i've put a lot of rounds out of it, but you could polish it and make it a little smoother.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I`m new to the 10/22 also. I`ve only put a few thousand rounds thru it so I`m no expert. I picked up a BX-25 magazine and it works good.. I shoot the cheapie federal bulk ammo with no problems

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try a TI-25 (tactical innovations 25rd mag) its adjustable. You can fit it to your mag well. I've ran thousands through mine, no problems.

And welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just picked one up the other day, still haven't shot it yet but will on Friday. I got a hold of 2 BX25's but it cost an arm and a leg, I don't even want to say how much I forked out because it's pretty upsetting. I think I'm going to order that Bullpup kit Red Jacket Firearms put together, it looks pretty badass and I already ordered a Bullpup kit for my SKS from SG Works.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Boise State Alumnus
660 Posts
Welcome from Virginia

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Welcome from a soon to be first time 10/22 owner. I pick mine up on Friday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts