Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new 10/22 this week, the stainless steel with synthetic stock.
It was only $209 as PSA!

I have other rugers, but not in 22 rifle - that ones a Marlin bolt action. Almost got a Marlin 795, but when i saw the sale i jumped on it.

Brought it out today, and i am in love! Big fan of how the mag is flush, and after a few reloads even got to really like the rotary mag itself. I wasnt as accurate with it as the bolt gun, but i think a big part of that is me getting used to the sights.
But i didnt care about that because it was FUN!

Good job ruger, with out even realizing it i have become a total fan boy

·
Registered
880 Posts
I love 1022s and have several. They are fun to tune into a very accurate shooter. Also, you should always have a few around for experimenting, hunting in foul weather, or lending to someone that could mess up a stainless steel bowling ball and they don't deserve one of your good 1022s.

Congrats on your new gun.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. You will burn through some ammo with it. I leave the 25 rounders I n the bag most of the time anymore. Reloading. The 10's makes me more conscious about how much ammo I am using.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Love my 10/22! That's a good price! I put the rail on mine and added a Bushnell TRS-25, so much fun!

The forum is right, it can be hard to find 22LR ammo. Once you find a place, stock up a bit. I like Federal, a 325 round box was $20 at the local Field and Stream store.

Happy shooting!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Love my 10/22! That's a good price! I put the rail on mine and added a Bushnell TRS-25, so much fun!

The forum is right, it can be hard to find 22LR ammo. Once you find a place, stock up a bit. I like Federal, a 325 round box was $20 at the local Field and Stream store.

Happy shooting!
Congrats to hohiro on the purchase. Mine should arrive this week. 22LR is becoming readily available in northern VA., but not at the great price your quoted. CCI minimags are selling for $10.80/100 at the range where I shoot. Not a great price, but at least it's there.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Please don't get impatient if it should misfeed when new. Mine took about 300 rounds for the bolt to seat-in its groove and slide quickly.

Also use ammo with over 1260 fps to keep the speed-up for ejection. Quiet ammo does not have enough "blow back" to sufficiently throw the bolt.

It is a wonderful rifle, keep it clean, not just the barrel, but also inside where the bolt slides.

PS. I have trouble getting the bolt in and out without that special $10 tool which makes it a snap. I forget who sells it on ebay.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Please don't get impatient if it should misfeed when new. Mine took about 300 rounds for the bolt to seat-in its groove and slide quickly.

Also use ammo with over 1260 fps to keep the speed-up for ejection. Quiet ammo does not have enough "blow back" to sufficiently throw the bolt.

It is a wonderful rifle, keep it clean, not just the barrel, but also inside where the bolt slides.

PS. I have trouble getting the bolt in and out without that special $10 tool which makes it a snap. I forget who sells it on ebay.
Mine never had and troubles at all from the first round but so far have only used CCI ammo too.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Got a new 10/22 this week, the stainless steel with synthetic stock.
It was only $209 as PSA!

I have other rugers, but not in 22 rifle - that ones a Marlin bolt action. Almost got a Marlin 795, but when i saw the sale i jumped on it.

Brought it out today, and i am in love! Big fan of how the mag is flush, and after a few reloads even got to really like the rotary mag itself. I wasnt as accurate with it as the bolt gun, but i think a big part of that is me getting used to the sights.
But i didnt care about that because it was FUN!

Good job ruger, with out even realizing it i have become a total fan boy
Easily done, my friend. FWIW - I'm partial to CCI #0030 RNCP 1,235 fps in several .22 long guns and pistols which has been readily available at what I thought were relatively reasonable prices and excellent service from ammomenllc.com

I might have missed something in this but which Ruger model did you acquire?

Here is a pic of my Ruger iTac:

…and of the CMMG 22.LR conversion adaptor that drops into my AR-15's

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a 10/22 with a 3-9 x 40 VX 1 really like it now that it is broken in meaning that it stopped jamming. I know that you will enjoy your new 10/22.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Congrats on your pick-up. I love me some PSA, although I don't love the resulting credit card statement at the end of the month :D

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I just bought my second one. The first has given me great service over the past 30+years, but when I saw the second edition of the 50th anniversary model with the composite stock and all, I just had to do it. Congrats, and enjoy your new rifle.

·
Banned
650 Posts
I have read other posts saying you need 1,200 fps ammo to make your 10/22 cycle. Every 10/22 I have ever shot ran good on sub sonic ammo. CCI standard velocity (1070 fps) is some of the most accurate ammo you can shoot in a 10/22.

Guns for Sale | Online Gun Store | Grab A Gun Online Gun Store usually has BX25 magazines for $20. Order two or three magazines, shipping is the same for two or three magazines as one.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts