Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new Ruger, swapped out some parts, put 300 rounds through it this week.

Very happy with it. Very.

Some parts and ammo field notes for anyone that is interested:

1. Added some Vol, TK, and Majestic parts. Majestic mag bottoms are well worth it. So is the Vol sear. Majestic speed strip is a godsend. So is the hammer bushing to rid the mag issue. Not sure about the TK compensator, caught some blowback during windy shots, not sure if it adds anything yet. TK just got the Victory trigger in so that's enroute.

2. Threw a cheap optic from Amazon and so far so good but i'm new to optics so the jury is out.

3. As God as my witness I will get that F****** LCI pin out of the gun, so help me. Yes I've done the google and no I dont own a rare earth magnet. I'm trying to buy a brick of kryptonite off ebay..

4. Had a handful of FTE, not sure how much was tied to the aforementioned F'n LCI.

5. Best group from a rest at 15yds was Remington Golden, then Aguila, CCI, Federal Auto Match.

The funny thing....afterwards I brought out my 1992 Mark II to test the different ammo, as it's been awhile. From a 15yd rest, the groups on all that ammo were 2x as tight as the 22/45 Lite. Go figure. :)

Bob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Looks sweet Irishbob.

Also glad to hear about the Majestic Speed Strip, seems to be a very popular mod.

Enjoy the new Lite

·
Registered
209 Posts
Any auto arts store or ACE hardware should have one of those telescoping magnet tools on their counter by the cash register. I had luck sticking my finger in the ejection port and moving the LCI back and forth while gently pulling on the pin with a magnet. It seemed to me that the hole in the LCI was larger in diameter than the pin and spring pressure pushed the LCI against the pin helping to hold it in place.

I actually used the magnet on the end of my little tweaker screw driver from work. By tweaker I mean the little promotional screw driver that many companies give away as swag. The magnet on it is very strong and just the right diameter for the pin head.

Good luck, hopefully you don't to dremel it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Funny thing, I removed the LCI from my Lite and noticed no difference in how the pistol functioned. I was having some FTE before and after I removed it but with more rounds thru the gun, it has improved and runs great now. I wished I left it in, might even replace it when I have time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had tried repeatedly to remove the LCI... No go nada... So I kept shooting with it still in place, I now have no feed issues that the break in period is over. Apparently the LCI was not the source of the problem. Unless by some miracle it happens to fall out I'll be keeping it right where it is, in all its full functioning glory..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts