Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today my handgun permit showed up & I went & picked up my SP101:)
I got home and replaced the "tacky" plastic inserts with some "fancy" maple ones. Pretty, I must say! So the next thing was the front sight...Removing the old one was easy, I used a drill bit to "tap" out the pin. Not the best tool, but it worked. So I installed the new sight, dropped right in, I began drilling one side and flipped the gun to start the other side. I noticed the drill had a wobble, I stopped and looked at the bit, it was BROKEN!
I flipped the gun over and sure enough, there was the front part of the bit, I could not get it out. So I tried to pull the sight out and no go. So I am hoping that after I shoot the gun it may come out, so I can finish the "job". Even though I had some drama, the SP101 is sweet weapon!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Have a .32 mag Single Six and Marlin. Great caliber and just a blast to shoot. I shoot mostly 94 gr lead bullets in front of Unique, a very accurate load [and cheap]. Would like to find one of the .32 H&R SPs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took the SP shooting tonight and I love it! VERY accurate. I fired 40 Magnum rounds thought it, and 18 S&W .32 longs. Some of the drill bit did work it's way out. So I may have to do some drilling soon. But all in all, I am very happy with the gun.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well today my handgun permit showed up & I went & picked up my SP101:)
I got home and replaced the "tacky" plastic inserts with some "fancy" maple ones. Pretty, I must say! So the next thing was the front sight...Removing the old one was easy, I used a drill bit to "tap" out the pin. Not the best tool, but it worked. So I installed the new sight, dropped right in, I began drilling one side and flipped the gun to start the other side. I noticed the drill had a wobble, I stopped and looked at the bit, it was BROKEN!
I flipped the gun over and sure enough, there was the front part of the bit, I could not get it out. So I tried to pull the sight out and no go. So I am hoping that after I shoot the gun it may come out, so I can finish the "job". Even though I had some drama, the SP101 is sweet weapon!
Glad to hear it worked out for you. How about some pics?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Handgun permit!?!

It sounds like your politicians live in the wrong state. Please tell them that they need to move!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well today I got the sight installed, no problem.
As for gun permits don't even get me started! The Republic of New Jersey is almost as bad as Kalifornia.
My first handgun permit took 5 months! This one "only" took 29 business days....

·
Registered
51 Posts
NC has a handgun purchase permit process. But if you get the CCW you don't have to obtain a purchase permit as long as the CCW is valid.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats cool, NJ is a "may" issue state for CCW. Which means if they think you need one they "may" issue one. In any case, last year the state of NJ issued like less than 10 CCW permits. Unreal...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts