Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the research I did, and what I am reading all across these threads is that just about everyone else's 9E it's pretty much anything you give it. So far, my results are mixed (I'm right at 300 rds through it). It handles S&B and WWB with 0 issues, I mean not one single issue at all (that was 150 rds), but I get frequent (every other, every thrid, etc.) FTE, FTL, and other sorts of malfunctions when I have shot anything else (which at this point is 100 rds of Federal and 50 rds of Freedom RM). All bullets are 115gr FMJ. I've cleaned it, probably not thoroughly yet as I am just really learning how to do it, lubricated the rails (Hoppe's) and have probably racked the slide a few hundred times just getting used to it.

So, looking for sage advice, or really any advice, sage or not.

Thanks!
Frank

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Keep going, it will get better. I have had no problems with a dozen different brands in my SR9c.
Make sure you seat the rounds in the mag after you load it by lightly tapping it on the case end. It will improve feeding.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Ya, keep going. Different pistols talk anywhere from 0 to a long time to wear in and get to the point where they're totally reliable and their ability to eat anything starts coming in.

SR9, Walther, 1911, doesn't make any difference. Some eat anything right out of the box, others; not so much.

You've got a good gun, sick with it.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Based on the research I did, and what I am reading all across these threads is that just about everyone else's 9E it's pretty much anything you give it. So far, my results are mixed (I'm right at 300 rds through it). It handles S&B and WWB with 0 issues, I mean not one single issue at all (that was 150 rds), but I get frequent (every other, every thrid, etc.) FTE, FTL, and other sorts of malfunctions when I have shot anything else (which at this point is 100 rds of Federal and 50 rds of Freedom RM). All bullets are 115gr FMJ. I've cleaned it, probably not thoroughly yet as I am just really learning how to do it, lubricated the rails (Hoppe's) and have probably racked the slide a few hundred times just getting used to it.

So, looking for sage advice, or really any advice, sage or not.

Thanks!
Frank
FTextract or FTeject? different causes for each.

FTL with FTeject often points to limp wristing.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've had some fail extract and some fail to eject.

Some, it will only partially load the round into the barrel. Sometimes the round doesn't eject at all and then binds with the new round coming back towards to barrel. I'd like to think I'm not limp wristing it, but I'm certainly not putting that out of the range of possibility.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
my new pistols get a very light feed ramp polish as well as a light chamber polish.
likely not necessary, I am just one of those old geezers that likes to make them mine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
No failures to report, however I did notice accuracy is better with MagTec over Fioochi or Blazer.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
For the most part my 9 E eats everything! BUT when I first got it a few months ago and 600+ rounds I had some FTE/FTL like the jam you had,, My ammo that it hates it Perfecta 115 gr. 100 rounds had 2/3 each mag! And had a few w/ other brand ammo at first. Now so far no issues and NO Perfecta ammo used! Like mentioned keep shooting and cleaning it should get better.124 gr no issues all were w/115 gr

1 - 8 of 8 Posts