Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 9e followed me home last night. First thing was to field strip and mop up/out Rugers preventative oils, clean the bore and apply (lightly) my own oil.
My first impression is I like it. All parts seem to fit correctly and are well made; great fit and finish. I will eventually completely disassemble the piece and de-burr and hand finish the internals; that’s just who I am.
Good ergonomics; fits nicely in my hand, trigger at the right reach and racking the slide is comfortable and natural.
I was a bit, what, miffed, confused, dismayed, by the “magazine disconnect” business making it problematical to dry fire the pistol. I do like to dry fire a new weapon (and handle it — OK fondle) so as to get the feel of the new family member. So, I took it out (the mag disconnect) for now but will probably put it back before going to the range.
Interesting that in Colorado on can not buy the 17+1 model but one can but a magazine “kit”.
Great addition to the collection!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Congrats and enjoy! It's a fine firearm and enjoyable to shoot. May I suggest some Talon grips, put the finishing touches on mine.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I really like mine. Has been a 100% reliable gun so far. I, too, took the mag disconnect out, and out it will stay. Got to agree with mck1975 about the Talon grips, they help a bunch.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
welcome to our addiction. my SR's have all "lost" their mag disconnects. once upon a time as I rose from my computer chair, the mag release button got touched enough to move the mag but not drop it. at that point I saw a rock in my hand that did not offer me one shot. I want a pistol not a rock. they will stay lost.
to some this is a safety feature, to me it is a safety feature for any buttcake that wants to do bad things to my grandchildren. I can do without mag disconnects!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
That is one of the Ruger's on my Bucket list. I would love to get a 9E and will sooner or later. I will also loose the mag disconnect on it when it comes my way. Same thing I have done to my LC9S. I do not like the SR9 do to the chamber indicator. Hate them and refuse to own one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I also have the 9E. The mag disconnect went the way of the dino. If you are careless unloading (you need to take the safety off) the mag disconnect would help prevent a ND. Grab-A-Gun has 17round mags. I cut off the right hand safety since it was hanging out in the air when holstered, and was too easy to swipe off. The gun shoots better than I do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was under the impression that the 9E magazine disconnect was not able to be removed, only the non-E versions (SR9,40 and the c version). Apparently I am mistaken (not the first time mind you!)???

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I was under the impression that the 9E magazine disconnect was not able to be removed, only the non-E versions (SR9,40 and the c version). Apparently I am mistaken (not the first time mind you!)???
You are mistaken.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts