Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the gun show today, I learned a few things...

1. I don't really like the small frame revolvers like the SP101. I *want* to like it, but I just don't.

2. I very much like the old Winchester Model 12 shotguns and think I'll own one some day. Saw several nice ones today, all built in the 1950s, but I need to read up on what to look for when buying a gun like that. maybe next year I'll be prepared.

3. There were one point five million way cool lever guns at this show. I could afford precisely none of them.

4. I like the idea of a .22 handgun for target practice, that GP100 of mine gets expensive to shoot regularly. BUT, I'm just not crazy about the semi-auto target pistols. So...

5. I fell in love with this convertible Single Six and made it mine! I think it will be great fun at the range, WAY cheaper to shoot, it looks great and has the old timey feel that fits the rest of my 'collection' if you can call it that.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks RNettles, I got the idea from whoever had those pics with the cards. This gun has such a classic Western look to it I thought the old jail keys would look cool.

Sheepdog, it's a 5.5". Seemed like there were several barrel lengths, but the proportions of this gun (which I concealed with my camera angle a bit) just felt right.

I don't know anything about .22 magnums, but want to try that cylinder soon too. I can't believe how affordable that .22 ammo is!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Great addition!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
nothing wrong with that shooter, like the setting ya have it in too.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everybody! I think I am going to take it to the range tomorrow and try it out. Stay tuned...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts