Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My old Winchester Model 94 was getting lonely, so I got him a hot young girlfriend. My neighbor had this .357 Marlin in his basement for a year, said he's only shot twenty rounds through it. Everyone I talked to agreed it was a steal at $200! I had only seen it once, and was pleased when I picked it up today because the wood was darker than I remembered. I had been looking on the Marlin site and the wood color was pretty light, looked cheap to me.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
WHAT ? 200.00?? You better believe you stole that rifle.Look at marlinowners.com,some guys would all but kill for that deal.Great photos BTW your new 94 is just like mine,.357 in a rifle is a whole new animal.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:Originally posted by ratgunner

357 in a rifle is a whole new animal.
Are you saying I will have fun at the range tomorrow? I have a box of 100 rounds of .357 and 100 .38 special (I have to shoot my GP while I'm there, I don't want it to get jealous!)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nice buy! I love Marlins. They go great when paired up with Ruger single actions.

I agree with above you stole that for $200! Nice find indeed.

Jay

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Missing something----blackhawk?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
YEP, got you a good deal there. See how being a member here helps on expanding your gun collection! Very nice, wish I could only be so lucky.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
You Stole It.:DThere I said it. That was a great deal for ya Eddie. Once in awhile a man lucks out. Good luck with it.:)

Best, Baldy

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
i think they are in the 400 buck range around here cowboy shooters love them, so u better invite him over for brats tonite just to even it up a little and buy beer too

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do, Shaner. He just moved in and I let him borrow my mower till he got one, and many beers have been exchanged already. Looks like we're both trying to be good neighbors, can't beat that!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Sounds like you got a good neighbor to me.The best deal I ever ran into was a friend who needed money was selling a Fox dbl. shotgun.I told him to check it's worth.He just insisted I make an offer,well without seeing it I said 50 bucks,OK he says.I sold that gun for 350 bucks a week later.I felt a little bad about it though.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Great buy, Check someone like Davidsons on line and youll be pleasantly surprised at how good of a deal you got.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Those are great, thanks for sharing. I've always thought about a .357 levergun to complement my .357 revolvers, just never have gotten around to it. :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Have you checked out the Henry leverguns? Quality better than the Marlins are lately...gorgeous and I love that tubular feed...worth a look-see!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts