Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My old Winchester Model 94 was getting lonely, so I got him a hot young girlfriend. My neighbor had this .357 Marlin in his basement for a year, said he's only shot twenty rounds through it. Everyone I talked to agreed it was a steal at $200! I had only seen it once, and was pleased when I picked it up today because the wood was darker than I remembered. I had been looking on the Marlin site and the wood color was pretty light, looked cheap to me.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
WHAT ? 200.00?? You better believe you stole that rifle.Look at marlinowners.com,some guys would all but kill for that deal.Great photos BTW your new 94 is just like mine,.357 in a rifle is a whole new animal.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:Originally posted by ratgunner

357 in a rifle is a whole new animal.
Are you saying I will have fun at the range tomorrow? I have a box of 100 rounds of .357 and 100 .38 special (I have to shoot my GP while I'm there, I don't want it to get jealous!)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Will do, Shaner. He just moved in and I let him borrow my mower till he got one, and many beers have been exchanged already. Looks like we're both trying to be good neighbors, can't beat that!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Sounds like you got a good neighbor to me.The best deal I ever ran into was a friend who needed money was selling a Fox dbl. shotgun.I told him to check it's worth.He just insisted I make an offer,well without seeing it I said 50 bucks,OK he says.I sold that gun for 350 bucks a week later.I felt a little bad about it though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.