Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have already been posted, but if it was I didn't see it. This is one of those "that makes sense" laws. As of last week I think, if you are CCW holder in the state, to purchase firearms now requires no background check. You still fill out the papers at the store, but they don't have to run it through. At least that is what the guy at my LGS said. He asked to see my permit, I showed him and he said have a nice day after I had filled out form

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
That's a good deal. We had that in Louisiana when we first got the CCW.
Then these fools thought they need more taxes, so they elected a woman Democrat for governor. And immediately that was changed and we had all kind of new restrictions on the gun laws. And yes, we got the taxes. And they just did it again and we got more taxes. :confused:

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
This may have already been posted, but if it was I didn't see it. This is one of those "that makes sense" laws. As of last week I think, if you are CCW holder in the state, to purchase firearms now requires no background check. You still fill out the papers at the store, but they don't have to run it through. At least that is what the guy at my LGS said. He asked to see my permit, I showed him and he said have a nice day after I had filled out form
Same as AZ! Good for y'all!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
It was indeed great news. We have an excellent AG that went to bat for us!

·
Count Ursunk
3,317 Posts
Last revolver I bought .....had to wait 3 days. Went by local gun store a few days ago and they said .....one phone call and I could walk out the door with it, if there was no delay action taken.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Personally, I have never been delayed or had to wait, but the fact that they don't even have to call it in now is a plus. Will really be handy if you buy from a dealer at a show. Show permit, pay and walk away

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
Good idea.So it will never happen in Nj. A town near me requires a new set of finger prints for every handgun permit. You do need to get a separate permit for each handgun. How ever state law allows but does not require a new set of fingerprints. By the ay that town like most in nj does not do finger printing anymore. So you have to pay an outside vendor 60 plus dollars to do it. I had to get a set of finger prints for my insurance license. no Big deal once 60 dollars no problem.

·
Super Moderator
4,070 Posts
Same in Kentucky. Fill out the form and off you go.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Makes sense to me....

·
Count Ursunk
3,317 Posts
Personally, I have never been delayed or had to wait, but the fact that they don't even have to call it in now is a plus. Will really be handy if you buy from a dealer at a show. Show permit, pay and walk away
Do you have to have ccw permit to buy a hand gun in Al.? Or is it just simpler if you have one.? I have not bought one in several years. Have not kept up with the rat race change in laws and regulations. Need to start checking into it.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
That way in Georgia. Common Sense.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Do you have to have ccw permit to buy a hand gun in Al.? Or is it just simpler if you have one.? I have not bought one in several years. Have not kept up with the rat race change in laws and regulations. Need to start checking into it.

No you don't need a ccw to buy but it does make it even faster to get approved. Even with out a ccw it only takes 30 minutes to get clearance at the store. Getting a ccw is as easy as buying a gun, check with your sheriff office to get requirements.

·
Banned
2,566 Posts
I have heard of this law but not sure if it has gone into effect as I purchased a firearm this past Wednesday and still had to go through the background check even though I have a current CCW permit. I asked the FFL about the new law and he said he still had to call in the purchase.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts