Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took my new AR556 to the range this morning. Started getting many failures to feed. Changed from the mag the gun came with to one of my own, still FTF. Change from PMC ammo to Armscor better but still not 100%. Didn't use any of my loads used all new ammo. Got home to clean it and noticed the feed ramp didn't look right. Opinions?

Attachments

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Either the barrel extension or the upper receiver is out of spec. I'd talk with Ruger and have them make the rifle right.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
If I am seeing the problem correctly, the barrel extension appears to be out of alignment with the feed ramps by a few degrees. If that's the situation the rifle needs to go back to Ruger ASAP.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Can you feel a lip on the barrel extension, hanging over the upper receiver feed ramps? I can't tell from the photo. I had a few FTFeed with steel cased when mine was new, but didn't have the problem with brass cased. After a couple hundred rounds, I no longer had issues with either one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ruger called, they want the rifle sent so they can look at it. They made it easy. Took the rifle to my local Academy sports store and they are shipping it back to Ruger! We will see!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it's been three weeks and spoke to Ruger. I'm told they replaced the firing pin, gas rings and had to tighten the screws on the bolt carrier. When I questioned ( for the third time) about the feed ramp misalignment i was told that a repair supervisor was shown the rifle and the feed ramps are a "NON ISSUE" so it's on it way back.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update!
Got the rifle back. They replaced the firing pin, gas rings and tightened and restaked the screws on the carrier. Shot 40 rounds of pmc factory ammo and 50 rounds of my loads and all is well! Now to put in my wilson combat trigger!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Update!
Got the rifle back. They replaced the firing pin, gas rings and tightened and restaked the screws on the carrier. Shot 40 rounds of pmc factory ammo and 50 rounds of my loads and all is well! Now to put in my wilson combat trigger!
Nice to see they fix the problem for you. What about the misaligned feed ramp? Do you notice any different?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice to see they fix the problem for you. What about the misaligned feed ramp? Do you notice any different?
Repair supervisor claimed it was not an issue. I guess it's not, it functioned properly. I thought for sure it would have been a problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts