Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really enjoying my P345, having had it now for a few months. Now that I can identify with statements made in reviews about its features, I've been reading what others have to say about this nice weapon. I just now ran across this statement in a newsgroup out there somewhere -- "I’m anything but a gun expert but I have read a bit about the P345. If you get one then make sure it’s a ‘second generation’ as the first ones were bulkier."

I haven't heard of such a 'second generation' of the P345 before. If the statement is true, what was it that was revised? (Mine was manufactured in 2007.) Thanks!

Amistad
'inquiring minds want to know...'

·
Registered
842 Posts
-- "I’m anything but a gun expert but I have read a bit about the P345. If you get one then make sure it’s a ‘second generation’ as the first ones were bulkier."

Amistad, I believe that might have come from some armchair idiot that has the alloy and polymer frame guns confused. Sure the older guns were a bit thicker but only by a tad, not nearly as much as claimed by many of the "experts" who probably never shot any Ruger handgun. Hell, I had a young man at the range give me a lecture on how the Ruger pistols were strong and reliable but just too bulky to carry concealed. Lecture ended when I pulled up my shirt and "showed him mine"!!:D
Baker

·
Registered
842 Posts
No such thing as a 2nd generation 345. Like I said; "comments from someone who's probably never even handled, much less shot one" ( or any other Ruger):)
Baker

·
Registered
62 Posts
quote:Originally posted by btrumanj

-- "I’m anything but a gun expert but I have read a bit about the P345. If you get one then make sure it’s a ‘second generation’ as the first ones were bulkier."

Amistad, I believe that might have come from some armchair idiot that has the alloy and polymer frame guns confused. Sure the older guns were a bit thicker but only by a tad, not nearly as much as claimed by many of the "experts" who probably never shot any Ruger handgun. Hell, I had a young man at the range give me a lecture on how the Ruger pistols were strong and reliable but just too bulky to carry concealed. Lecture ended when I pulled up my shirt and "showed him mine"!!:D
Baker

Indeed. I carry my P95 and sometimes my bigger P94 sometimes. I'm only 22 but this kid at a sporting goods store one time tried to say they're way too bulky to carry. I just laughed and said ok. As I was carrying my P95 as we spoke.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts