Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just finished my AR Pistol, I told myself (and the wife) that I wasn't going to buy any more guns this year. I've been looking for one of these for quite some time but the ones I find are always obscenely overpriced. I found out my LGS had a brand new one in the Glock 17 configuration and I just couldn't pass it up. I told myself not to buy it but when he gave me the price, it was a done deal. It's not the prettiest thing but damn is this thing fun and accurate.

Now I just have to figure out a way to tell the wife since I did promise "no more guns in 2012" :D

Sorry for the cell pics but here it is.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice.

I want one that uses the Glock 19 mags, but the only ones I seen cost an arm, a leg and a left piece of genitalia.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
On my list of guns to get. They are hard to find at a reasonable price...Congrats..

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
What is it? LOL! Seriously though... What is it? I've never even seen one.

·
Banned
4,779 Posts
Its a Kel-Tec SUB2000 ,i have never seen one over here yet ,but they are kinda cool....9mm fold up carbine.....for the mean time i will stick with my PC9...nice new addition Happily addicted well done mate....just dont show Mama till next year..lol ;):)

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a Kel Tec Sub2000. It's a 9mm Carbine that takes Glock mags and also folds to become 16 inches in length. They are extremely hard to find. If you ever get a chance to shoot one, don't do it....you'll want one :D. They are surprisingly accurate out to about 100 yards.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a Kel-Tec SUB2000 ,i have never seen one over here yet ,but they are kinda cool....9mm fold up carbine.....for the mean time i will stick with my PC9...nice new addition Happily addicted well done mate....just dont show Mama till next year..lol ;):)
LOL!!! Thanks. That's what my brother said.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I assume since you bought it that you like it a lot. I've been thinking about a Kel Tec SU-16, but have been hesitant. The only Kel Tec I've ever shot was a PF9 and I wasn't impressed. Does the quality seem to be better on their rifles/ carbines?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I assume since you bought it that you like it a lot. I've been thinking about a Kel Tec SU-16, but have been hesitant. The only Kel Tec I've ever shot was a PF9 and I wasn't impressed. Does the quality seem to be better on their rifles/ carbines?
Honestly, I never wanted to own anything Kel Tec. I've also shot some of their pistols and was very unimpressed. However, as much research as I've done on the Sub2000, everyone seems to love them. They seem to be very reliable, accurate and have a good reputation. Fit and finish is what it is...looks like a 2 year old put it together :D As long as it runs the way others say, I'm ok with the "plastic toy" look.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Ugly little thing, isn't it? :D

I bet it's a ton of fun to shoot, though. And for its intended purpose, it looks perfect. Keep us updated on it and if momma throws you out, we have an extra bedroom down here in SC. It's a blow-up mattress and we have a nosy pug, but you're welcome all the same. And bring the KelTec.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ugly little thing, isn't it? :D

I bet it's a ton of fun to shoot, though. And for its intended purpose, it looks perfect. Keep us updated on it and if momma throws you out, we have an extra bedroom down here in SC. It's a blow-up mattress and we have a nosy pug, but you're welcome all the same. And bring the KelTec.
LOL! Thanks for the offer bud but I make it sound worse than it is. She's a great wife and has bought me several guns. She has never told me not to buy a gun. My issue is that I made a promise on my own and I hate that I didn't keep my word. But damn it I got it for $320 when people are selling used ones on Gun broker for $450-$500:eek:

She'll understand....if not, how's SC this time of year? :D

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have one in 40 and it is a lot of fun. When I travel in addition to my CC firearm, I drop this in my brief case and I am good to go.

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
LOL! Thanks for the offer bud but I make it sound worse than it is. She's a great wife and has bought me several guns. She has never told me not to buy a gun. My issue is that I made a promise on my own and I hate that I didn't keep my word. But damn it I got it for $320 when people are selling used ones on Gun broker for $450-$500:eek:

She'll understand....if not, how's SC this time of year? :D
Haha! My wife is the same. I'm not supposed to buy too many guns, but whenever I do, she understands.

It's mild here this time of year. Mid 40's in the mornings, warming up to 70/75 in the afternoons. Sunny and cool. Perfect shooting weather. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts