Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a set of rosewood Badger boot grips on the custom GP and thought I'd share some pics. Really, Really liking these...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Nice!

I had a set on my old SP101 that I carried. When I installed them I immediately shot better than with the crimson trace grips. Felt recoil was way better. They just seem to "fit" the hand better.

·
Registered
293 Posts
flat-out gorgeous! Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Very very nice, those are the exact same grips that are going on my Hawkeye Matte Wiley Clapp when I pay it off:)

I put a set of Badgers on my .45 ACP Birdshead, and I love them..........would never put other grips on this gun. Also want a set of Badgers for one of my prized Service Sixes, for the same price as Hogue woods, I would rather have the Badgers.

I figure I'd rather give my money to a small American business and a Vietnam vet than to a company who imports grips from India or elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Wow, can't imagine that getting any better. Do you think you're "done" with it?

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Outstanding!

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Those look great Trigg. I like that grip a lot and have a set on one of my GP100s and also on my 44 Mag Alaskan. My SP101 wears a Badger boot grip too. Great product.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, can't imagine that getting any better. Do you think you're "done" with it?
I believe we can stick a fork to in this one, she's done.

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those look great Trigg. I like that grip a lot and have a set on one of my GP100s and also on my 44 Mag Alaskan. My SP101 wears a Badger boot grip too. Great product.

NICE! Im on the lookout for a set for my Wiley Clapp SP101. Figure I'll keep the rubber hogues for the majority of range shooting, and use the badgers for carry.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Those grips look great!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Hawkeye blued GP100 Wiley.

Like the look of the Badger grips,
but I am not sure which wood to choose,
for the darker finish.

Any suggestions?

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Looking at those pictures I just wanted to add that those are beautiful photos Trigg. Very nice job with the camera - some of your best shots. Crisp detail and yet soft on the metal. Awesome camera work.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
I have a Hawkeye blued GP100 Wiley.

Like the look of the Badger grips,
but I am not sure which wood to choose,
for the darker finish.

Any suggestions?
What about that new birdseye maple he's been showing on the website? The blond wood might look pretty striking against the blued finish.

·
Royal Emissary
1,083 Posts
What about that new birdseye maple he's been showing on the website? The blond wood might look pretty striking against the blued finish.
Knew a woman that had Birdseye maple on a blued Colt Python. Absolutely gorgeous just like the OPs gun in this thread.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts