Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New belt and holster otw!

3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Bountyhunter 
#1 ·
Just ordered placed the order from galco's website for a belt and holster for my p97 . for the price and what i could find online about the holster seems to be something i might like . Hopefully i like them lol . New at the ccw stuff so try and try till i find something comfortable . I was looking at getting a smaller caliber gun and then said nope i am going to stick with what i am comfortable with and have had no issues with ( P97DC) lol .

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2781&GunID=204

and

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterP3.asp?ProductID=3313&CatalogID=254

#3 ·
Will do i want to see how my p97 carries before i actually junk out the money to get a good custom holster plus to see if i even like carrying the gun b/c of its size . I have been looking at some taurus millenium pro pistols 9mm 40 and 45 but also at the ruger sp101 in hammerless with a 2-1/4 barrell . What are your guys stances since i am used to a rather large capacity compared to that of a revolver . how would the sp101 without the hammer stack up against the p97dc from the looks of it in overall length its like a 1/4 inch shorter but how thick is it and how heavy is it compared to the 97 ? 5 shots from a 357 are they easy to get follow up shots with like i can with my 97 ? If i were to get the sp101 i would carry 125 gr golden sabers since this is the round i am comfortable with and trust in every gun i shoot . Let the info roll in to my young mind and grant me the knowledge of these board members please.

#4 ·
Well i went ahead and ordered a crossbeed supertuck deluxe after seeing a lot of reviews on it and deciding to carry my p97 . so once the holsters arrive including the one mentioned above we shall see how i like them and i will post pros and cons of both along with pictures .

#5 ·
Well the Galco matrix stuff arrived today . The belt was a little tight i should have ordered a 38 or 40 b/c i am a 33 in the waist but this belt was supposed to be a 36 which it was but i only have 1 free hole :( . Anyway with the belt and holster on and p97 in it . with a long t-shirt on its actually hidden pretty well . It does print when u bend over and what not but doesn't expose the weapon or the holster which is a good thing . Bought the most u can expect from a owb holster . Its very light , holds the gun firm but not enough were u jerk your pants off trying to draw the gun . Overall i am happy with both products and look forward to using it until my crossbreed holster arrives :) Oh and still waiting on my dang ccw to get here :( dang slow local and state government .

#7 ·
Lol thanks for the laugh . Even though wearing it around the house and out at my friends in the country . Main thing is to get used to it and practice drawing and getting to the ready . No matter what ammo i have in the gun as long as i can get it out and shoot straight i will be good to go . I just wish my supertuck was here first b/c thats the one i will be using full time . The other will be a range or at my friends house holster b/c winter isn't going to be around much longer here in NC . That matrix doesn't do pretty good even with just a t-shirt on and its light as a feather all u feel is the weight of the gun and not much of that b/c of how the holster is on the belt it kinda moves the weight around .

#8 ·
Main thing is to get used to it and practice drawing and getting to the ready .
That's exactly right. Practice. I make sure my gun shoots like it's supposed to before I wear it out, so I do the same for holsters and such. You have to know the equipment and be comfortable with it before you hit the streets. The last thing you need is for your shiny new gun to fall out of your shiny new holster at the wrong time. That could suck real bad. :D

#10 ·
That's the best way to do it. One thing about carrying when you first get the permit is that you always feel like everyone's going to see it no matter how well hid it is. Once you're used to wearing your gun, you'll almost forget it's there. Then you'll be less likely to attract attention by constantly adjusting it or trying to hide it better. The first few weeks I carried it was awful. Now I'm smooth like butter about it. :D

Ok, I'm not that smooth. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.