Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I'm a Ruger fan, I have a weakness for Berettas. Over the past couple years I sold off a few family members and picked up a few new ones so I've updated my family album. :)

First my three members of the Cougar Clan...

8045 F (converted to G model)

8040 D

8045 Mini (without & with mag ext)

I can't leave out the 92 side of the family...

92FS Inox

96G Elite

92G Elite

92SB (full size)

90-Two

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have a weakness for Berettas.
Me too, they just make beautiful guns period.

Sweet, that Inox is absolutely beautiful.
+1 It's on my Beretta list.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I had a Beretta 1915/19 in 32acp and it was still working reliably after over 90 years when I sold it to a Beretta collector.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, I do love my Beretta's

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Beretta

Thatsa alotta spaggettia !! Nice pics. I've had a 92 for years and IMO Berettas fall in the same category as the venerable P35 and CZ75. World class !:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great photos. I am looking for a Beretta to add to my Glock, Springfield and Ruger collection. The 92FS looks like the one I want. Is that a good Beretta starter?

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great photos. I am looking for a Beretta to add to my Glock, Springfield and Ruger collection. The 92FS looks like the one I want. Is that a good Beretta starter?
The 92FS would be a perfect starter pistol. They have a very mild recoil & are about as reliable as you can get. There are tons of aftermarket upgrades available and they're extremely easy to work on and modify. Take care of it & it will outlast you. I've seen Beretta 92's with well over 150,000 rounds through them and still used in competitions, & winning many of them.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks to all the posters for your comments and pictures. I too am drawn to Beretta pistols. I got to shoot a 92FS today for the first time. And yes, the grip was a little large for my medium size hand. One of the pictures posted above identified a particular gun as "8040 D". (Hope that's not a Bra size.) That grip size appeared to be more compatible with my size hand. Also it looked like a shorter barrel than the 92FS.

Would appreciate any feedback or comments on Beretta's in general.
Does anyone feel there is a quality difference between an Italian made and US made Beretta?

For what it's worth I was impressed with the obvious quality, and I'm sniffing around for a new one now. Does anyone know a reliable Beretta retailer you feel comfortable with?

HAM

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all the posters for your comments and pictures. I too am drawn to Beretta pistols. I got to shoot a 92FS today for the first time. And yes, the grip was a little large for my medium size hand. One of the pictures posted above identified a particular gun as "8040 D". (Hope that's not a Bra size.) That grip size appeared to be more compatible with my size hand. Also it looked like a shorter barrel than the 92FS.

Would appreciate any feedback or comments on Beretta's in general.
Does anyone feel there is a quality difference between an Italian made and US made Beretta?

For what it's worth I was impressed with the obvious quality, and I'm sniffing around for a new one now. Does anyone know a reliable Beretta retailer you feel comfortable with?

HAM
That's a Beretta Cougar 8040 D (double action only model). All the Cougar series have a 3.6" barrels & a slimmer grip. The full size 8045 is my main carry weapon & my favorite pistol to shoot. As far as quality between USA & Italian models. In my experience I've seen no real difference in quality/reliability, but most of the Italian I've owned have a slightly better finish & tend to sell for a little more to collectors.

Here's some more info about the Cougars & they're just as addictive as the 92 series. Beretta 8000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a Beretta Cougar & a 92FS for size comparison.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts