Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Ruger Shooter
608 Posts
@L-Ray that all-black look is beautiful; congratulations. I like that .357/9mm convertibility, which I didn't know about; very nice.

·
Registered
6,201 Posts
The flattop medium frame convertible suits me (now) for .357. Lipseys special run. I used to carry/shoot a 6 1/2" large frame back when I was a late teen and in my 20s as that was what was available.... Good guns -- even though overkill for the cartridge(s). I don't shoot 9mm as .357 does it all (reload to whatever power level I care to shoot). Enjoy! I sure enjoyed mine back when.

Here is the 'old' large frame... and a medium frame 50th Flattop.
Revolver Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel

And my goto 5 1/2" barreled .357 flattop convertible that now goes with me when I get a hankering to shoot some .357 .
Wood Toy Revolver Hardwood Auto part

·
Registered
168 Posts
I love mine. When my boys where teenagers I had loaded 200 rounds of 9mm in a new to me recipe. They didn't have quite enough oomph to cycle my semi pistol so I put the 9mm cylinder in the blackhawk and let the boys go to town!
My personal observation is the 9mm isn't as accurate as 357 or 38 special. I would guess it has to do with a barrel designed for .357 bullets and 9mm being .355. I've been meaning to load some 125 gr 357 bullets in 9mm cases to prove my theory I just haven't gotten around to it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, had to replace the black plastic grips. I had a pair of Ruger laminate grips in my parts bin, so I used them . Lighting doesn't make them pop , but trust me they look good. HA

Musical instrument Tool Glove Personal protective equipment Metal

1 - 16 of 16 Posts