Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy yall! I just got home with my new Blackhawk Convertible 357/9! I have been thinkin about this for a while (as youall have been readin and listenin to me cry.) I wanted wood grips but settled for the hard rubber / plastic.
I was anxious to see it before it developed the infamous ‘Ruger Ring’ around the cylinder, but alas, when we took it out of the box we found that it came with the ring fresh out of the box! The 9mm cylinder has a faint ring on it also, so I reckon it is inevitable and can't be avoided.
Maybe I’ll never shoot it so it doesn’t get any worse huh?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
never shoot it[?] [:0]

I would be going thru severe withdraws!!!!

congrats on a fine weapon.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Nice Six Banger..,:))

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't even cocked the hammer on it yet! LOL I'm still bantering back and forth to keep it or sell it. After taking those pictures I put it back in the bag and in the safe.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Blackhawk Grips

Drummer,
If you'd rather have wood grips, I'd trade you a recent production pair
for your black plastic ones... Deal?

oldies

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Oldies,
I appreciate the offer but I’m sure if I decide to change grips I will keep the original ones too. And why is that? See my signature below! Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
sorry to drag up an old thread,

drummer
i dont know if this is common or not, but your barrel is indexed the same as mine with the warning and the ruger name hidden under the ejector rod. when i was looking at all the rugers at the shop i purchased mine from the one i picked stood out from the others being that the warning and name roll stamp was hidden under the ejector

is this common? i like the clean barrel look

·
Registered
457 Posts
That's where it is on mine

1 - 20 of 23 Posts