Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ordered a new Blackawk from my lgs, and I'm wondering about how much cleaning should be done when I get it. I plan to remove the grips and the cylinder and clean everything I can get at. Do I really need to go further than that? Ruger has videos and instructions on complete disassembly, but they also state it's something that does not normally need to be done.

The last new Ruger I got, an AR-556, looked as though it had been immersed in a thick preservative oil of some sort. I spent quite a bit of time removing that stuff before heading to the range with that gun.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've ordered a new Blackawk from my lgs, and I'm wondering about how much cleaning should be done when I get it. I plan to remove the grips and the cylinder and clean everything I can get at. Do I really need to go further than that? Ruger has videos and instructions on complete disassembly, but they also state it's something that does not normally need to be done.

The last new Ruger I got, an AR-556, looked as though it had been immersed in a thick preservative oil of some sort. I spent quite a bit of time removing that stuff before heading to the range with that gun.
If you remove the grips, what see should make your next step pretty obvious.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts