Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,585 Posts
Nice knife! While looking at Buck's promo material I see they now claim "All Buck knives are proudly made in the USA". Good for them! I remember being disappointed when they outsourced manufacture to China on some lines. It harmed the brand. It looks like they realized that their core customer is a blue collar American that cares about such things.

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
I used a Buck Vanguard with the rubber handle cover for a lot of years as my hunting knife. It is an excellent knife and similar to the OP's knife. I dressed a lot of deer out with it.

Congrats on the new blade, enjoy.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I really like that Buck, I have toyed with the idea of getting one but I already have 2 knives that kinda fill the same niche.

I am sure you know this, but that thing is not a "bushcraft" knife...if you are one to try and hammer a knife through wood, this knife is not meant for that ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have run across Buck knives at Cabellas and Academy that say made i china on the package. Two different times in the past two weeks. I don't know if they are old stock or if some of their stuff is still made in china.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Nice knife! While looking at Buck's promo material I see they now claim "All Buck knives are proudly made in the USA". Good for them! I remember being disappointed when they outsourced manufacture to China on some lines. It harmed the brand. It looks like they realized that their core customer is a blue collar American that cares about such things.
I've shied away from Buck because they offshored a significant amount of production. It harmed the brand for sure. Buck has more recently brought more of its production back to the US, but not all. Imports are still shown on their website. Still, more US options, and what seems to be a ramp up in new designs has piqued my interest again. I sense a US-made new version 110 in my near future! ;)

Buck 632 MESA 5" Blade 420HC.
Very nice knife. What is the scale material? Micarta? Recurves can be a bit more challenging to sharpen.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very nice Buck. Now I'm just going to have to stroll over to MidwayUSA, and see what they have in stock. I use a Buck 110 for about everything.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I used a Buck Vanguard with the rubber handle cover for a lot of years as my hunting knife. It is an excellent knife and similar to the OP's knife. I dressed a lot of deer out with it.

Congrats on the new blade, enjoy.
I had the same knife. It is quite possibly the most perfectly designed field dressing and skinning knife for deer sized game.

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
I had the same knife. It is quite possibly the most perfectly designed field dressing and skinning knife for deer sized game.
Although I still have the Vanguard this is what I use now. It was made by So. TX knifemaker Jack Sarnik and it works real slick for dressing out a deer.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice looking Buck knife. I have a black handled and Rosewood handled fix blade buck. I always have one with me. There’s nostalgia involved with Buck Knives.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts