Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished re-doing my 10/22. I used an Arcangel stock. Had the trigger assembly worked by a gentleman in NY. Trigger pull is at 2.5lbs and "smoooooth". It has a BSA rd42 Red Dot Scope. I'm using the stock mag and also a Butler Creek 25rd for now. I've put about 300 rds through it so far and am real happy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually it shoots pretty good. At 50yrds, I'm getting 1 to 1.25" groups using bulk ammo. I'm really happy with the way it shoots and VERY happy with the trigger work that was done to it. I checked it with a scale and it is dead on 2.5lbs pull. Now I just gotta get the bull barrel on it....

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are happy with 1 1/4 in groups at 50 yards then all is well with you....personally....well....never mind.....shoot straight, shoot often

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are happy with 1 1/4 in groups at 50 yards then all is well with you....personally....well....never mind.....shoot straight, shoot often
I'm not a competition shooter so, yes, I'm happy with the groups. I went squirrel hunting this morning, 10 squirrels with 12 shots so, good enough for me. LOL If I was shooting competition, I would strive for better groups.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm not a competition shooter so, yes, I'm happy with the groups. I went squirrel hunting this morning, 10 squirrels with 12 shots so, good enough for me. LOL If I was shooting competition, I would strive for better groups.
indeed. i think that realistically for practical applications , those groups would be fine.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Sometimes getting on target fast is better than getting exactly on target a lot slower.

I have several 10/22's. One has an Aimpoint red dot on it. Extremely fast getting on target but like yours its only good to within an inch at 50 yards. Great for ground hogs. Then I have another one that will get down to dimesize but it takes me five minutes per shot. Ground hogs have better things to do than pose for me for five minutes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts