Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to my favorite LGS after doing my research and renting/shooting this model.

Got a great deal at $359 OTD plus an extra 8-rd mag for $19.

Here's the striker fired S&W M&P 9mm 7+1/8+1 Shield with 3.125" barrel and safety (I wanted the model with safety).

Bought a couple of Galco's... One IWB and one OWB (again- about lowest price anywhere) and can't wait to shoot this and deliver a range report.

Tried and compared the Ruger LC9s as well... but it didn't fit my hand quite as well.

Here it is in the Galco's

I have a few other carry guns large caliber and small caliber I occasionally carry but this will be carried often once I'm comfortable with its reliability (after a few hundred rounds)

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Yes! This is a great pistol. It's one of my main carry guns and it was carried today.

It's a great platform and runs reliably. It's compact yet handles like a full sized pistol. It's a definite favorite. I'd love one of the Performance Center Shields. Those look fun.

You did well with the price and extra mag. I hope you enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Congrats, that's a great carry gun and a very good price.
Mine has become my main carry piece as it's proven reliable and accurate at the range.
Talon rubberized grip tape makes the grip more secure for me.

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
Good for you. I've had mine for several years. I use mine for pocket or car carry (map pocket behind passenger seat.)

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine!

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,416 Posts
Congrats! I handled one recently at a gun show and I like how it fits my hand.
I plan to trade my LCRx for one of those.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Jlandis,
Looks like you have a super sweet carry package there!!!!

The big part of the carry package battle is that the gun fits you and you fit it. Looks like you did very well on all counts.

What carry ammo do you use????

Top Dog

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Great choice. I bought a Shield 9 two years ago and it quickly won me over; replacing the LC9 I had previously been carrying. It shoots great for me, especially with the extended magazine.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jlandis,
Looks like you have a super sweet carry package there!!!!

The big part of the carry package battle is that the gun fits you and you fit it. Looks like you did very well on all counts.

What carry ammo do you use????

Top Dog
I have 124gr Hornady XTP right now as my 9mm SD ammo... I need to ensure it cycles well in the Shield

·
Registered
381 Posts
Same choice I made a few months back. I ran about 250-300 various 9mm through it without one single hiccup. I went with an Alien Gear IWB holster though. It is the most comfortable carry I've had in 20 years. Very comfortable to shoot as well.

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Nice. Ive never fired or held one, but have read alot of good things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts