Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up my new Kahr CW9, yesterday. I field stripped, cleaned, and lubed it last night, and I off to the range this morning with 300 rnds of 115gr FMJ.....:D:D:D

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just got back from the range. All I can say is "WOW". This little gun is a shooter. My first seven rounds had one flier about 1-1/2 inches out, and six could be covered with a quarter (shooting at 10 yards).....not bad out of a 3-1/2" barrel. I fired 300 rnds with absolutely no malfunctions of any kind. As you can tell, I am impressed by this little gun. As soon as my Don Hume IWB gets here, this one goes with me everywhere.....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Baldy, I was shooting American Eagle, 115gr FMJ (changed to full metal jacket...I get confused easily). Going back Friday, and will shoot some hp's and some of my 124gr lrn reloads. I just cannot believe the accuracy with this gun. Our club is starting up our summer centerfire steel plate matches, and I am seriously thinking about using the Kahr.....either that or I'll get a Ruger P95.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
congrats on a nice weapon!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congrats...

Good lookin' gun and nice shootin'

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Wizard, looks great! Although I'm confused. If you call your shots that are 1 1/2" out "fliers," then my best shots are fliers and I don't know what MY fliers should be called!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Eddie, I was only shooting at 10 yds. All six shots were creating one ragged hole....take my time, breathe right, let the trigger surprise me. The other was a flier.
After about 180 rnds, I started shooting rapid fire, then my groups openen up, but were still pretty well in A/B zone on an IPSC target. What surprised me most is how easy this gun is to shoot, especially with it being DAO. Pull is advertised at 7 lbs. Really nice.....

I like the trigger on the Sig P226 I shot IPSC with better, but the Sig Custom shop did a trigger job on it.....this one is factory, and will stay that way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts