Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Nice

Good to see another version. The specs say it "Features a factory-installed Picatinny rail brace mount with integrated QD cup". A lot of folks will like that.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,391 Posts
Good to see another version. The specs say it "Features a factory-installed Picatinny rail brace mount with integrated QD cup". A lot of folks will like that.
An 8" barrel and factory mount for a brace! I predict that they will sell a lot of those little fun machines.

·
Registered
220 Posts
LOL! the new 'Lite' TD Charger is heavier than the regular TD Charger by 6 oz.!

i'm going to assume it is due to the 'integrated QD cup,' which looks interesting... note that the chassis is molded differently, so Copper Custom adapters for a regular or TD Charger chassis will not fit...

also interesting that MagPul has a trademark term for its 'QD' sling and other related products...

perhaps a new line of attachments is in the offing? more is better, but the choices for a compact TD build just got a bit more complex...

the Charger is a great platform... my 82-yr-old range buddy took his new Charger TD out for a run today and ran 75 Rem Golds, 50 Winchester M-22s, and 100 CCI Sv LRN...

not a single failure - all went bang, no stovepipes using a BX-1, BX-15, and a duo-BX-25 (50-rounder)

he was nailing dime-sized bulleyes at 40 feet using a $19 red dot...

big smile on his face afterwards...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOL! the new 'Lite' TD Charger is heavier than the regular TD Charger by 6 oz.!

i'm going to assume it is due to the 'integrated QD cup,' which looks interesting... note that the chassis is molded differently, so Copper Custom adapters for a regular or TD Charger chassis will not fit...

also interesting that MagPul has a trademark term for its 'QD' sling and other related products...

perhaps a new line of attachments is in the offing? more is better, but the choices for a compact TD build just got a bit more complex...

the Charger is a great platform... my 82-yr-old range buddy took his new Charger TD out for a run today and ran 75 Rem Golds, 50 Winchester M-22s, and 100 CCI Sv LRN...

not a single failure - all went bang, no stovepipes using a BX-1, BX-15, and a duo-BX-25 (50-rounder)

he was nailing dime-sized bulleyes at 40 feet using a $19 red dot...

big smile on his face afterwards...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico
I bet he was smiling!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Being a proud new owner of a Ruger Charger Takedown Lite pistol, I did a boat load of research and decided to go with the following setup:

JWH Custom Round Oversized Black Extended Charging Handle, TANDEMKROSS "Guardian" Bolt Release Plate, TANDEMKROSS "Shock Block" Bolt Buffer, SB TACTICAL FS1913 PISTOL STABILIZING BRACE, Ruger BX-25 .22LR 25rd Magazine (Two Pack), Feyachi RSL-18 Reflex Sight - 4 Reticle Red & Green Dot Sight Optics with Integrated Red Laser, MAGPUL MOE+ Grip, DB TAC INC Muzzle Brake 1/2”x28 Thread Black 2PC Multi-Function Compensator Sound Reducer, perched on the outstanding UTG Tactical Bipod that shipped with the pistol.

After getting everything installed, I'll be glad to share pics of my pet project!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Being a proud new owner of a Ruger Charger Takedown Lite pistol, I did a boat load of research and decided to go with the following setup:

JWH Custom Round Oversized Black Extended Charging Handle, TANDEMKROSS "Guardian" Bolt Release Plate, TANDEMKROSS "Shock Block" Bolt Buffer, SB TACTICAL FS1913 PISTOL STABILIZING BRACE, Ruger BX-25 .22LR 25rd Magazine (Two Pack), Feyachi RSL-18 Reflex Sight - 4 Reticle Red & Green Dot Sight Optics with Integrated Red Laser, MAGPUL MOE+ Grip, DB TAC INC Muzzle Brake 1/2”x28 Thread Black 2PC Multi-Function Compensator Sound Reducer, perched on the outstanding UTG Tactical Bipod that shipped with the pistol.

After getting everything installed, I'll be glad to share pics of my pet project!
I definitely like the direction of this build.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts