Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new Charger TD. It looks great. Hopefully I'll get to shoot it soon. I think I got lucky on the trigger. The trigger breaks cleanly and consistently at 3.5 lbs. I had expected to find a normal 7 lb or so trigger. I was planning on doing a trigger job on it but not now. It's good to go as is! All I'm going to do is put in a bolt release, LH safety and a poly buffer and I'm done (for now).

Anyone else find a good trigger?

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Just picked up my new Charger TD. It looks great. Hopefully I'll get to shoot it soon. I think I got lucky on the trigger. The trigger breaks cleanly and consistently at 3.5 lbs. I had expected to find a normal 7 lb or so trigger. I was planning on doing a trigger job on it but not now. It's good to go as is! All I'm going to do is put in a bolt release, LH safety and a poly buffer and I'm done (for now).

Anyone else find a good trigger?

I was going to start a thread & just saw yours.
Thanks for posting!

I do not own a 10/22, but have shot a few & my new Charger(standard model) has a much better trigger that both the 10/22's I have tried.

Mine breaks a little less that 6 lbs. after 250 rounds & has smoothed out nicely.

So, my question is, knowing that its the same trigger group that the 10/22's use, are the new rifle triggers better also or did we just get lucky?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been hearing and reading good things about the Ruger BX trigger, my charger td trigger feels between 4 and 6 lbs, and the claims are that the BX brings it down to 2lbs,, for now I like mine the way it is and cant justify the $90 yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just tested my new Charger Takedown, the trigger pull measured at 3.5 to 3.75 pounds. I already ordered the BX trigger before measuring mine. I will see what the BX trigger gives me, maybe some polishing on the original and then I will return/sell the BX.

·
Registered
234 Posts
For the same price get the BX with a bolt release, you will never regret it. A perfect marriage in my project.

·
Registered
234 Posts
A no brainer, the drop in takes no thought, adding the bolt release to the package seals the deal...Done that, no regrets...I did replace the bolt and pull handle..and other things that seemed necessary..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brimstone gunsmithing, Camas WA. 10/22 trigger service work. I don’t have enough posts yet to post a link so.. Look on their site for ruger 10/22 trigger services.

First I have no affiliation with this company. Just have used this 10/22 trigger service a few times and they have always came back great and great customer service. Just a different option over the BX trigger or do it yourself. The only issue is the lead time which can be a few weeks. Which for me isn’t a issue. They have 3 different tiers of trigger work I have only used the tier 3.

·
Registered
225 Posts
what i like about Brimstone is that they show you how to do your own trigger polish - i downloaded their videos from the 'tube and watch them to learn how

(although quite frankly, i don't shoot competitively, so i find the factory or BX triggers more than adequate)

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
5 Posts
BX Trigger

Got the BX trigger on my charger and 10/22 rifle. About 2lb 6oz pull. Grabagun had these for less than $60.00.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts