Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah it never fails,,I try to find something for myself to add to the list I give my wife of Christmas wishes and of course I pick the one thing that is the hardest to find. LOL. I want the Ruger 10/22 Takedown combo with the 25rd mag and flash-hider. Seems that I may find Bigfoot before I can find this rifle. What sucks is I already got the okay to go ahead and purchase. Anyone with a wife knows that kind of freedom comes very few and far between. Now if any of you out there knows where I could get my hands on this item please pass the info along. Hopefully I can get it for Christmas. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Have you tried Gunbroker.com they will ship it to your gunsmith to sell to you I don't know if they have one but worth a try

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In Florida there are hard to locate. That and most gunshops are closed on Sunday - Monday. Strange because you would think they would want to catch the Christmas rush. LOL.
Gallery of Guns has a bundle pack and it say the barrel is threaded. Not sure if that is true but would like the option to add a silencer later.
I may just make my own bundle if I can find the Takedown.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Up here in Virginia, I had a hard time locating one as well. I finally found one at Dick's sporting goods not far away. I would certainly check out some of the big box stores close by you and see if they may carry them. I bought my BX-25 mags online at Joebob Outfitters JoeBobOutfitters.com.

I have not seen a TD with a threaded barrel. I would bet that is an aftermarket modification. Good luck on your quest! :D

·
Registered
331 Posts
In Florida there are hard to locate. That and most gunshops are closed on Sunday - Monday. Strange because you would think they would want to catch the Christmas rush. LOL.
Gallery of Guns has a bundle pack and it say the barrel is threaded. Not sure if that is true but would like the option to add a silencer later.
I may just make my own bundle if I can find the Takedown.
What you first asked for was easy to find (set screw flash hider). However when you asked for "the option to add a silencer later", you just made it harder. You will now have to find one with a threaded barrel or have someone thread the barrel. If someone threads a regular barrel and you want the front sight left on they will have to move the front sight back and thread the barrel. Other wise they will just cut and thread the barrel (no front sight).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found one at Dicks in Daytona. Drove there today and picked it up. Sadly they did not have the BX-25 in stock. So of course I checked Gander,Bass Pro and a few others on the way home with no luck. Tomorrow starts a new quest.

As for the barrel,,after looking at it up close I just want to add a flash hider. I will leave the silencer for my SR22. I figure if it heard the bang it wasn't the target. LOL.

Now I can't wait for the sun to come up so I can give this thing a solid test run. I got 500rds just waiting to be spent. Will report my findings.Thanks to all who added information.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts