Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local gun shop had a gray collector’s series 10/22 looking lonely on the wall. I didn’t need another gun, but I’ve never owned a 10/22 before and for the price it seemed like a perfect excuse.

Took it to the nearest range and proceeded to ruin some perfectly good paper target’s day.

I ran 125 rounds through it, mostly a mix of ammo (CCI Velocitor, Blazer, Fed AE, Fed 375 bulk pack, and Winchester Super X). Only had 1 issue: A CCI Velocitor didn’t fire. The round had a perfectly clear strike on the rim but didn’t fire. The gun worked fine before and after that shot so I think it was the ammo.

The sights, a ghost ring in the rear and a winged blade up front, were right on from the factory at 15 yards. Since it has a Picatinny rail, I also tried out a 1-4x variable Primary Arms scope from my AR. It mounted up without issue and kept zero when I took it off and remounted it. The scope is heavy which throws off the balance of the rifle, though.

No glaring accuracy issues. I didn’t measure any groups nor am I good enough to shoot tiny groups. It chewed the center out of the targets just fine. The trigger was ok. Not great, not awful, just ok.

I have no plans to modify it except for adding plenty of ammo. This thing is a hoot.

Bad cell phone pic:

And a factory image:

http://ruger.com/products/1022RCS/images/21125.jpg

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
You found a cool model. We have the stainless version. Pretty sweet setup. The sights are nice- longer radius. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats, the 10/22 will become addictive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts