Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished fitting a 22mag cylinder for my RSS9. What do you think? I kinda like the look. Now I have to pick up some 22mags to see how it shoots.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I like the contrast! We see the bi-color on some semi-autos, and they're popular.

A number of years ago, Smith used to do a few revolvers like that, but, long time, no-see. Yours looks sharp!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
REB
Looks like you did mighty fine work. What kind of cylinder gap did you wind up with? How
does it shoot? Great Job.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It didn't take a lot of fitting, the 22mag cylinder was just slightly longer than the existing 22LR cylinder, I had to take about .0005" - .001" off the gas ring. The important thing is to find one with the same overall length as the existing cylinder. The barrel-cylinder gap came out to app .005" and end shake is virtually nonexistent. I got a chance to shoot it today and I am very pleased. I didn't really shoot for groups because it is very windy today, but first impression is accuracy is better than with 22LR and I was surprised that it shoots to POA. You can defiantly tell the difference between the 22LR and the 22mags:D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I had help from a fine person on another forum. I am sort of an armature smith and have been tinkering with different firearms for a long time, mostly Ruger and older colts. Also it helps that the cylinder was real close to begin with.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I hear you on the 22 mags.my single six always groups better with the 22 mags??:).that said lots of commie cokes have fallen to the 22 lr out of my SS:).
pete

·
Registered
708 Posts
Hey Reb, I'm over here from time to time also. Know lots of these guys and are all a good bunch to know.........
yes, that came out real "nice",and as you had noted apparently is a GREAT shooter too!!
Glad when things "work out".................

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am fairly new on this list so I haven't really learned all of the familiar names here. Good to see you here.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
At one time I was a union millwright, it is good to see that these skills can be transfered to gun smithing quite well. You seemed to have done an excellent job on your project. Wishing you well on more in the future,
peace

1 - 15 of 15 Posts