Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a very exciting evening around here. Federal Express delivered a Square Deal B in .38 yesterday. Got it mounted and mostly assembled tonight. The only annoying part was the absence of a mounting kit (not included with the Square Deal) Should be cranking out some serious .38 for the GP 100’s for my boys and I to shoot by the end of the week.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
good for yu those are a super little press, i been goin to get in to the square deal press but my lee 1000 works fine for me when it craps out ill look to the blue myself i imagine

·
Registered
987 Posts
It is a very exciting evening around here. Federal Express delivered a Square Deal B in .38 yesterday. Got it mounted and mostly assembled tonight. The only annoying part was the absence of a mounting kit (not included with the Square Deal) Should be cranking out some serious .38 for the GP 100’s for my boys and I to shoot by the end of the week.
You wait about a week, you'll have more rounds cranked out than you can shoot in a month. The SDB is the best low budget progressive made.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got a shipment of starline brass and laser cast bullets today. Fnished the set up and owners manual tonight. Gotta buy some powder tommorow and should be in business by the weekend.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got under way loading tonight. Hope to make it to the range with the GP100's sometime tommorow. Should be a real kick shooting the ammo we made ourselves.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,471 Posts
wheelgunner, You, my friend ... are on the verge of addiction. Once you shoot your own loads ... there's just something about it. You aim, you squeeze the trigger, you made the ammo, hole appears in target, wheelgunner is an addict!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
wheelgunner, You, my friend ... are on the verge of addiction. Once you shoot your own loads ... there's just something about it. You aim, you squeeze the trigger, you made the ammo, hole appears in target, wheelgunner is an addict!
And that's the truth! :D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I started reloading to save money lo, not so I have more guns and more dies and load many different cailbers as well and I am enjoying every minute of it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome to the addiction. Managed to crank out a hundred rounds of .38 158gr SWC. Had a blast at the range with my oldest son who helped make the rounds.

Can't say the Dillon was a model of perfection out of the box. The priming system obviously needed some adjustment, and clearly still does.:( Had a number of rounds that mysteriously had no primer, while the next round was perfectly primed, and a couple had sideways primers.

With Memorial Day weekend coming up, I am going to pick up some more primers and powder. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
wheelgunner, I use to have many problems with my 550 and cci primers, especially small primers. No problems with fed. or win. I called Dillon and was told, yes they do not like cci primers.
You can trouble shoot problems using the manual or dillon on the web, or give them a call during the week. Dillon is GREAT to do business with.
Eric

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
+1 on that they are some good folks for sure.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to agree with the support being great. I talked to them about the issues, they could not have been better about it. They told me about the CCI issue, and made a couple of other suggestions. Should be back on track in a day or two.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Following your Dillon Progress

wheelgunner: Sir; how is your Dillon working now that a few more weeks have passed.

I'm trying to get it together for a 550B soon; hope to load 9mm-.38's-.357's-.40's-.41's .44's
Am excited about the prospects.:)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Thanks for the welcome to the addiction. Managed to crank out a hundred rounds of .38 158gr SWC. Had a blast at the range with my oldest son who helped make the rounds.

Can't say the Dillon was a model of perfection out of the box. The priming system obviously needed some adjustment, and clearly still does.:( Had a number of rounds that mysteriously had no primer, while the next round was perfectly primed, and a couple had sideways primers.

With Memorial Day weekend coming up, I am going to pick up some more primers and powder. :D
I agree with you about the priming system. I have had Lee, RCBS and now use Dillon and I have had problems with the primers on all of them. Might just be me but I got tried of crushing primers so I just started priming by hand with a RCBS hand primer. Get about 200 to 300 cases ready and just prime away while watching the tube. Problem solved. Good luck and keep em' crankin'.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.