Ruger Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
You enjoy science when you shoot your gun, and drive your truck, get on the internet, etc. But ignore it when you are asked to wear a mask? It makes you look ignorant, and inconsiderate.
Which science are we ignoring? The one in March that said masks are useless at best and counter productive at worst? Or the one that now says we need them to save the world?

I can see why people are questioning the logic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm in the medical field, and the science was never that masks were useless. It was use an N95 because we're not positive it isn't airborne. Turns out it's droplet precautions which means a normal mask is fine.

Sorry Oldbrass, I wish I could find the humor in the state of America these days.

·
One Star
9,631 Posts
I will second that! :mad:

·
Registered
626 Posts
You enjoy science when you shoot your gun, and drive your truck, get on the internet, etc. But ignore it when you are asked to wear a mask? It makes you look ignorant, and inconsiderate.
So you’ve read JAMA...

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,315 Posts
I’m not sure if posting about Cetology / Whaleology is inappropriate but thought this sums up why I like the OP’s mask 😉

Reactions: Delta Rose

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm in the medical field, and the science was never that masks were useless. It was use an N95 because we're not positive it isn't airborne. Turns out it's droplet precautions which means a normal mask is fine.

Sorry Oldbrass, I wish I could find the humor in the state of America these days.
I was being tongue in cheek with my remarks to a large extent, but not completely. Unfortunately, the good science being done these days is often over shadowed by junk science that has political motivation. One need look no further than the "science" the left uses to try and remove our guns from us. When you are funding my research, I become motivated to give you the results you want.

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
I like it.... But probably would not wear it due to those people that are so 'rabid' about wearing a mask. Might get shot over it. I'll speak with my vote.

That said, I don't mind a governor saying his/her 'opinion' ... but then making a 'mandate' out of their opinion is something else. Orwellan in fact.... Sad really. I read a statement somewhere that said "Never have so few done so much damage to so many".... Talking about heath 'experts'. Really is true.

Reactions: alayonruger

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well you are all entitled to your opinions. Unfortunately, lack of taking this seriously is only going to extend the time we have to deal with it. Other countries have quelled the outbreak and are getting back to normal life, but the American ego is a tough thing to deal with.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts