Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
20160222_231409.jpg This is my new Ar 556. Have not had the time too shoot it yet just broke it down and gave her a good cleaning. Everything look good could not find any problems other than castle nut was not very tight. The color is called Ceracoat Barrett Brown does anyone no if this was a special run from Ruger.

·
Registered
381 Posts
They had one on the rack at my LGS when I was calling around trying to locate any Ruger AR556, and it was about $40 higher than the all black one they also had. When I arrived a couple of hours later to decide which one I wanted, they were both gone. Could be that one, it was in Kentucky. :D

I ended up driving 50 miles away to get one. (black) I think I would have paid the $40 for it now that I see this one. Very nice.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
May have been same one I got it at Personal Security Firearms. I think the black one he had was $599 and I paid $619 for the FDE one

·
Registered
221 Posts
The Cerkote finish on these really looks great and I'm sure Davidsons will sell all they have Ruger produce for them.

·
Registered
381 Posts
May have been same one I got it at Personal Security Firearms. I think the black one he had was $599 and I paid $619 for the FDE one
Sorry, been sick with head crud and missed a few days somewhere.

The two they had were at $590 and $630, and it was in E-Town at Sportsmans Rod & Gun. Since they were both gone I called my favorite gun guy in Louisville and he held a black one for me, but it was $9 more at $599.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$599 is still a good price that is what the gunshops around here sell the black ones for. Although I have seen a few asking up to $700.

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
Havent been to all the shops near/in Tucson, but didn't see ANY, regardless of color! Several of the bigger shops also had no idea when they'd see them again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didnt know they was either till I went to gunshop to order a Colt 6920 and seen this one. The owner held it for me for a couple of days for me till I made up my mine on which on I wanted. After many hours of reseaech I decided on the Ruger and save $300.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts