Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after much discussion and pondering I pulled the trigger on a new pistol.

I've been jonesing for a Blackhawk in 41 mag, but the good ones quickly exploded out of my budgetary confines. As the joke goes (i think i got it right) 41 mag 50% of what a 44 mag can do at 150% of the 44 mag cost.

So, i turned my attention to a Blackhawk in 45 colt. I found a brand new one at a shop in Pennsylvania that was offering free shipping and no extra credit card fees. So i pulled the trigger on the purchase. Order it and paid for it on Friday (paid the CC bill on Saturday) and I picked it last night. It's a blued model with a 5 1/2" barrel. To say i am beyond stoked would not be doing my excitement justice. I was hoping to post a picture or two but other issues have gotten in the way of cleaning her up. Pictures will come when I get a break in my life. This is a stock picture.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

·
Registered
Rugers: Model 19122 pc 9 , American Competion
3,373 Posts

I've been jonesing for a Blackhawk in 41 mag, but the good ones quickly exploded out of my budgetary confines. As the joke goes (i think i got it right) 41 mag 50% of what a 44 mag can do at 150% of the 44 mag cost.

So, i turned my attention to a Blackhawk in 45 colt. I found a brand new one at a shop in Pennsylvania that was offering free shipping and no extra credit card fees. So i pulled the trigger on the purchase. Order it and paid for it on Friday (paid the CC bill on Saturday) and I picked it last night. It's a blued model with a 5 1/2" barrel. To say i am beyond stoked would not be doing my excitement justice. I was hoping to post a picture or two but other issues have gotten in the way of cleaning her up. Pictures will come when I get a break in my life. This is a stock picture. View attachment 181303
Oh, that's what you need the .45 brass for!

·
Registered
196 Posts

So, i turned my attention to a Blackhawk in 45 colt. I found a brand new one at a shop in Pennsylvania that was offering free shipping and no extra credit card fees. So i pulled the trigger on the purchase. Order it and paid for it on Friday (paid the CC bill on Saturday) and I picked it last night. It's a blued model with a 5 1/2" barrel. To say i am beyond stoked would not be doing my excitement justice. I was hoping to post a picture or two but other issues have gotten in the way of cleaning her up. Pictures will come when I get a break in my life. This is a stock picture. View attachment 181303
Congratulations on your purchase. I chuckled when I read your description of the .41 magnum. That's what I painfully learned when I walked that road many years ago.

·
Registered
809 Posts

NICE CHOICE !!! I find that I like my 45 Colt SAA more and more every time I shoot it. :cool:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts