Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I figured I would tell my story and introduce myself. I never owned a firearm until September of last year when I inherited my grandfathers 1948 model 94 Winchester rifle. In October I planned a bachelor party for my best friend which included camping and a day at the range with a fairly serious arsenal. Well that was it, I was hooked, by November I purchased my Ruger 9e. I wanted a solid, affordable gun that would be cheap to take to the range often. I definitely got what I wanted! I'm now almost 2000 rounds in and I absolutely love this pistol. A few weeks ago I took the wife out to the range. She fired the 9e a few times but decided she wanted to shoot something with a bit less recoil. We rented her a 3.5" SR22 and both loved it. Didn't take long for me to order the 4.5" SR22 to add to the rapidly growing collection. Now I have something my wife and I can go shoot as well as a good training pistol when my 2 sons reach the appropriate age. I decided to join up and try to learn as much as I can. So far Ruger has earned a loyal customer.

That's my story, how did you get into the hobby? Feel free to share your story.

Attachments

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from The Republic of Texas...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Welcome from Oregon. Nice to here your story>

·
Registered
7,652 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the prompt and warm welcome! I think I picked a good forum

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome and let me add you inherited a very nice firearm. Being a pre-64 it is worth a premium and collectors are paying good money for pre94s in good shape. Nice to have a cherished heirloom.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
A big welcome to the forum from Wisconsin!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Welcome and let me add you inherited a very nice firearm. Being a pre-64 it is worth a premium and collectors are paying good money for pre94s in good shape. Nice to have a cherished heirloom.
Yes! I am very happy about it! I'm the third generation to fire that same weapon. The few blemishes put in it were from my father, uncles and grandfather. Can't get much cooler! It will never be for sale.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.