Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was scanning the inventory of the local pawnshop yesterday and they've got one of the newer flattop Blackhawks with the XR3 gripframe, I've seen them in 45lc/45acp and 44spc but this one was 41mag. I don't remember ever seeing it on Ruger's website, just wondering if it was a distributor special or something. Blued finish with what looked like a 6 1/2" barrel.

And the second question, whats it worth? Its used but looked pretty close to perfect, comes with a cheapo nylon holster I'd probably throw away.

I think they had $450 on it, but I figure they'd haggle some.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
It was a distributor run from a few years ago. They were made originally in the 6 1/2" barrel and then in a 4 5/8" model. They were from William's Shooting Supply and had a production run of, I believe, 250 units in the 6 1/2" model. I forget for the shorter one. Got one when they first became available just to tuck away.
The price should be a good one but price being relative to how much it's means for YOU to have it. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
119 of the 4 5/8" guns and 181 of the 6.5" according to the Williams rep I spoke with when they came out...

Love mine....

For the few I have seen lately, going price is $490....

Bob

·
Registered
349 Posts
...NEXT WEEK!!!! You might think about calling and putting a hold on it.... If you haven't noticed handgun sales and for that matter all gun sales have gone crazy.... The likelihood of it still being there decreases substantially every day...

Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...NEXT WEEK!!!! You might think about calling and putting a hold on it.... If you haven't noticed handgun sales and for that matter all gun sales have gone crazy.... The likelihood of it still being there decreases substantially every day...

Bob

They're closed saturday and Sunday, so if it made it through thurs and friday without a buyer, it ought to still be there at 10am when they open unless one of the employees decided to buy it hehe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got back from the pawnshop, the 41mag was still there. Cylinder locked up tight and on time at every chamber, couldn't really find any flaws on it except for a faint turn line. The grips are dirty, looks like someone held it with muddy hands or something and filled the checking with dirt, but other than that its in nearly new shape.

No box or paperwork, just the blackhawk nylon holster. I ended up buying it for $440 out the door. Can't pick it up til thursday though, darn IL.

I even found 100 rounds of ammo for it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
GREAT!!! Glad it was still there...I really wasn't expecting to be. Around here it would have been gone within 48 hours if it had been priced like that....

Bob

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I think this will be the gun that finally gets me into reloading. I've considered it before but most of our guns are cheap commonly available calibers (well, until 6 or 7 weeks ago), but now with the ammo craze and a fairly obscure caliber in the safe, I think now is the time.

The ammo I bought the other day is locally made stuff on Starline brass, which I understand is among the best, so I'll shoot a couple hundred rounds of that and collect it for reloading.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here it is after a good cleaning. Found one minor scratch on the barrel but other than that its in great shape.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Looks great! Nice find, I think I will have to add a 41 Mag eventually!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking I'd like to get some wood grips for this gun, grips listed for New Vaquero's will fit the new flat tops also right?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm thinking I'd like to get some wood grips for this gun, grips listed for New Vaquero's will fit the new flat tops also right?
yes, they fit the XR3 grip frame. You will like that .41, I bet you will find it's very accurate. It looks just like my 50th .44 mag blackhawk, and mine's a tackdriver.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I put a new flattop .41 magnum on layaway today; the LGS had 2 of them.

At first I thought it was just a regular 6.5" Blackhawk until he got it out of the case. Unfortunately I didn't look at the end of the gray plastic box to read the tag.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts