Ruger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Army CW3
Walked into my LGS with the intention of buying another Model 1911 and came up dry. I DID, however, pick up this used 2012 LC9 for $150. After all, I didn't want to leave empty-handed...馃榿

View attachment 163551 View attachment 163552
I lucked into a similar deal about 18 months ago. Like yours, mine is a first-generation, circa 2011. I paid $250 but mine came with three magazines and 950 rounds of range ammo. One of the things I did was to contact MagGuts庐 and get three magazine conversion kits so my gun is now 8+1.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

Revolver Rectangle Gun accessory Gun barrel Font

Registered
I lucked into a similar deal about 18 months ago. Like yours, mine is a first-generation, circa 2011. I paid $250 but mine came with three magazines and 950 rounds of range ammo. One of the things I did was to contact MagGuts庐 and get three magazine conversion kits so my gun is now 8+1.
I had not heard of the MagGuts site. Have you used their products before? The reviews on their site all seem positive. I like the idea of increasing mine from a 7rnd to 8rnd.

Registered
I had not heard of the MagGuts site. Have you used their products before? The reviews on their site all seem positive. I like the idea of increasing mine from a 7rnd to 8rnd.
I've been using the Magguts +1 and +2 spring kits in my Shield 9mm for about 5 years. Never have a problem with them and I use them at the range on every trip. Probably around 2000 rounds total through the 3 of them.

Registered
What does it do for the Shield (I have one)? Fit extra rounds?
Yes, the +2 version adds two rounds to the magazine. Works in the factory 7 round as well as the 8 round mag. The +2 version adds only about 录 inch to the bottom of the mag. The +1 version does not add any length

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sounds like @Anchorsaweigh and @badge851 both got some killer deals.
At $150, or $250 with ammo?
I'd buy a couple of those Lc9s if I found those deals. Congrats on the bargains guys!
Like @Kravi said, "I'll be looking forward to the range report".
RANGE REPORT: I didn't like it. Maybe because I'm so accustomed to 1911s. Too light, too snappy. Don't even want to get used to it. Traded it for 400 rounds of .45 ACP. I'm much happier with the ammo. :giggle:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.