Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Glock has found a way to turn a profit on the barrels burned up by team Glock shooters. They are making damascus knives out of the barrels. A knife made from the barrels Dave Sevigny used to win some of his many titles. The three fixed blades will set you back between $3900 and $4500 depending on the knife and handle material.

If our Glock fans want to drool some more here is the rest of the article with all the pictures. New From GASTON J. GLOCK style LP: Sevigny Gun Barrel Damascus Knives | The Truth About Knives

·
Registered
17,258 Posts
I had to look, just to make sure they weren't black, 1 1/2" wide, with the curves of a box.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Nice knives. As far as how they fit into what I laughingly call my budget, in the immortal words of Harry Doyle...
"JUST a bit outside..."

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
that would be a visual improvement over the pistols. ugly gun, pretty knife. I think I will save my money and carry my old beat up switchblade.

·
Banned
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And people will buy them....
You are correct. Glock fans buy anything Glock makes. Someone will buy those knives because they are super collectible.

Walther sells their German steel knives for $15 because team Walther has won zero championships.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Those are pretty cool knives...and pretty darn strong re-using the Damascus Steel! They're definitely outta my price range...but it'd sure be cool to have one!

·
Registered
158 Posts
The Gun barrel steel Damascus knives are good.
Last I heard Gaston Glock knives had bought some steel Salvaged from the wreck of the Tirpitz.
It lies 70 feet under the water in a Norwegian fjord...
The true issue is the Material the Tirpitz was made out of.
The armor steel used in the Tirpitz was called Kruppstall (Krupp Steel)
Kruppstall was the Famous Material that enabled the Germans to make submarines that could dive deeper 88mm guns that could shoot further Tiger tanks that we could not penetrate
The list goes on and on
The secret of Kruppstall was lost in late 1944
The steelmiesters where all together in a meeting and the building they where in was hit by a lucky strike during a bombing raid.
The secret to Kruppstall has considered a strategic military secret and only the steelmiesters knew the recipie. It contains cobalt and selienium and many other weird components. That make up Kruppstall.
We cannot reproduce it to this day.
It is a lost secret like how they made the pyramids.
It has tensile strength fracture resistance wear resistance that far out performs other carbon steels.
Even now we are hard pressed to come up with an alloy that can come close.
And it is cool To have a piece of that famous ship.
Made from that famous material.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
I am not a huge knife guy. But those are some great looking knives.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Too expensive to be useful.

Not a collector.

Not a fanboy.

Those are lost on me.

·
Reloader
4,138 Posts
Nice knives. No need for something I am not going to use though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts